GM Mock Draft Commentary thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Don't like the Bryant pick either big. He's a prototype 2-gap DT and doesn't fit the mold of our D-Lineman at all.

My pick there would have been Jeremy Thompson from Wake Forest.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was thinking about dre moore along with bryant. moore's more athletic but he just reminds me too much of randy starks and not just because they both went to maryland. both he and starks have questionable instincts and desire, so i went with the guy who was a team captain and a leader.

AND bryant won't need to be a pass rusher because of tony brown. i would have bryant in the rotation and in on run downs, but i like what i see from brown when he has a big body next to him to take some pressure away in pass rush situations.

3. Fry

moore:
    Strengths:
    Terrific size with a big frame...Excellent strength...Great speed and quickness with a burst to close...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Has good range and makes plays in pursuit...Can penetrate and wreak havoc in the backfield...Has the potential to be stout at the point of attack...Could play in multiple schemes...Has some upside.

Weaknesses:
    Still pretty raw...Lackluster instincts and awareness...Inconsistent leverage...Does not use his hands well...Pass rush repertoire is limited...He doesn't play up to his weight room numbers..His work ethic and motor have been brought into question.

Notes:
    First name is actually Marchondray...He played just one year of varsity football in high school..Could project to either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme...Has everything you look for physically but just has not been able to put it all together yet, although he did have his best year as a senior...A "Workout Warrior" who will probably be chosen earlier than his film would otherwise indicate...Quite possibly a boom or bust type.

bryant:
    Strengths:
    Has outstanding size and a huge frame with long arms...Very strong...Stout at the point of attack...He can occupy multiple blockers...Gets a good push up the middle and is able to collapse the pocket...A surprisingly good athlete...Does an excellent job of getting his hands up...Team leader and captain..Has a bunch of experience.

Weaknesses:
    Is not much of a pass rusher...Lacks elite speed and quickness...Wears down too easily...Inconsistent and disappears from the action too often....Has some trouble shedding blockers...Needs to use his hands better...Range is limited..Repertoire of moves is almost nonexistent..Motor runs hot and cold..May have durability issues.

Notes:
    First name is Joseph...Was a four-year starter...Tore the ACL in his right knee late in the 2006 season...Physical marvel with a rare blend of size and athleticism...He has the physical tools but may lack the disposition needed to be great..A possible 3-4 nose tackle...He'll need to land in the right situation to maximize his potential.

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

he was a consensus first round pick and taken in the first round by the saints. manningham is a 3rd rounder.

5. Fry

and he had 0 catches last year. i'll bet you $100 manningham has that beat in his first game.

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

meachem had knee surgery

7. Fry

he tore his meniscus(before being drafted), that's not an injury that will sideline you the entire year, maybe two months.

8. Fry

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

you shouldn't have drafted manningham in the first round. terrible pick.

10. Fry

any reason why?

he's a first round talent, the only reason people have him dropping is because he hasn't tested well and lied to teams about smoking pot(the pick was made before the pot story came out also)

and im not going with who i think the titans will draft. im going by who i would draft. if i went buy who i think the titans will draft i would have selected balmer or groves instead of ANY wr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar