GM, HC, and Assistant Firings and Hirings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Jan 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

It's the NFL... Every team/coordinator runs some form of the same stuff that's been around for ever.Who is the coordinator running some new stuff that the NFL has never seen?

It comes down to execution and a lot of time, luck.

There's only so many ways to run or throw a ball within the rules/game of football.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Only thing I can think of is the Run n Shoot, (forever ago) and maybe the Wild Cat ( 3 games). Only other thing I can think of is the “bunch/pick” WR. Of course I’m a weee bit drunk, so …..

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I say this because we barely beat one of the worst teams in the league to get the #1 seed. They nearly swept us. We also lost games we shouldn’t even when Henry played. You are a fool if you think this team can’t be easily beat in the playoffs.

• Boring Boring x 2
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

By your logic coordinators aren’t important. Can just hire anyone. Not sure why teams would look to them primarily to be their head coaches if that’s the case…

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe Rodgers will pull a Brett Favre and go to Minny? Cousins was alot of money for one playoff appearance

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He's interviewing with the Bears, hope he like Justin Fields

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'd argue coordinators aren't as important as some seem to think. Players are the ones on the field. While football can be a "chess match" mentally, the players ultimately are responsible for the results on the field.

Coordinators get too much flack and too much credit. You can be great at calling plays, but if the players don't perform it doesn't mean a while lot. You can be terrible at calling plays but if the players perform and you win say 12 games and get the top seed in the playoffs, what's it matter?

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar