Giants sign Adoree 3/$39 million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't disagree with part of what you're saying but the arrow is not pointing up. We were AFC Championship game 2 years ago, bumped in round one last year. So technically, arrow is pointing down. And we don't have those 1st round picks on the roster any more (Conklin, Davis, Smith, Jackson.....). Just keeping it real.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The 4 guys you listed got 114mil GUARANTEED in their contracts combined...I think JRob understands that you don’t build a team around a RT, WR2, TE and CB with 2ints in 4 yrs.

I hate losing guys but the cap is what it is.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Hopefully that’s what happened - it’s just odd that NYG were so keen to get him, they gave him 26m guaranteed to stop him even flying to Philadelphia. If they were that insistent on acquiring him / there was a market for him, we might have got something for him in a trade that’s all. Of course it could be Gettleman reaching massively and bidding against himself. We’ll never know.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Nothing to show for that draft capital? How about 5 straight winning seasons and a trip to the AFC Championship game?

Now don’t get me wrong I disagree with how they handled Adoree situation but seems to be a lot of jumping to conclusions here. How do you know JRob didn’t pursue a trade? If teams know you’re about to cut someone why trade AND have to sign them to an extension?

Also let’s consider the fact that the NFL doesn’t trade players who are about to be free agents just so they can re coop draft picks. If so, why didn’t Pittsburgh trade Bud Dupree and all the other players they lost? Washington didn’t trade Kirk Cousins. Steelers didn’t trade Lev Bell. Houston didn’t trade JJ Watt. Lions didn’t trade Golladay. Patriots didn’t trade Thuney or Tom Brady.

It’s fair to be critical but let’s not be irrational.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

The benefit of trading for a potential player to be cut is that you get him...he hits FA he can pick any team

I posted earlier that we don't know if JRob pursued a trade , maybe he did and no takers, maybe Adoree wouldn't restructure, who knows

6. Riverman

point is JRob slightly above average. We don’t have any players or picks from those first founders that walked. The same players that got us those accolades you referenced. It’s not irrational it’s just summary math.

blind loyalty to idea that JRob is done great GM, or anything slightly above average is irrational. :brow:

7. Riverman

Could have moved them cheaper to those teams and got something in return.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

We got comp picks for them leaving....

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

this is literally why the compensatory draft picks were created. We will get a third or fourth round pick for Cory Davis and we will get a third round pick for Jonnu. We got a third round pick for Conklin. That’s basically like trading them, and I’d argue we wouldn’t have gotten those picks for those players in a free agency year.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Because we rescinded Adoree's 5th year option, does that not make him a FA? So we should get a comp pick for him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar