Pre-Game Thread Game 14: Titans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 10, 2018.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2018.
  1. Giants by 1-3

3.2%
  2. Giants by 4-7

8.1%
  3. Giants by 8-12

1.6%
  4. Giants by 13+

4.8%
  5. Titans by 1-3

11.3%
  6. Titans by 4-7

21.0%
  7. Titans by 8-12

33.9%
  8. Titans by 13+

16.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Benching Eli was the right move, they ended up picking #2 overall for a reason, Eli being the main one

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

i dont disagree, doesnt mean they are gonna bench him again tho

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They dont have to bench him, but I think its wise to get the young guy in there to see if MAYBE you have your next QB

I mean last year they bench him for a washed up Geno Smith, surely theyre interested in the kid they just drafted in the 4th rd.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

The HC already said a couple weeks ago that they may go to Lauletta when they are mathematically out of the playoffs

5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

OBJ watch is on Screenshot_20181210-140844_Fantasy Life.jpg

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Since I live in NY and listen to talk radio all the time here...let me give you some NY POV. Eli will start. Book it! Lauletta got some playing time in last week and was DREADFUL. And THEN the HC goes to the media and says...for all of you asking me about Lauletta coming in...I hope you got what you wanted to see.

Meaning...I didn't put in Lauletta before because he's not ready...and now everyone else has seen he's not ready. Eli starts. Furthermore, OBJ developed a mysterious calf injury and skipped that game. A vet would read that as...the season is over and no reason to risk further injury this season. But now that they put a 40-burger on the skins...OBJ is suddenly feeling a lot better.

On talk radio, there is a lot of talk by the Giants about wanting to finish the season strong to PROVE that they can be a playoff team and don't need to be torn down. The Giants are not conceding the rest of the season to be ok with losing to see what the young guys can do. They are going for wins and to see what Eli has left. He's looked better recently, but who have they been playing?

They see the Titans at 7-6 and the Colts at 7-6 as good tests to see where they are as a team and if Eli is good enough to come back next year.

Barkley has developed into the multi-dimensional weapon they hoped he could be when they drafted him! There is a good chance he breaks 2k from scrimmage!!!

Titans better not think they are gonna fly in here and the Giants are just gonna roll over for them!!! They are gonna come out swinging!!!

• Informative Informative x 5
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Every week someone needs to point out, this is the type of game the titans love to lose with playoffs on the line. More so after what appears to be mostly a good week this past week.

Just feed Henry. I’m sure he’s still hungry.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Giants suck and we're going to win.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Also, while very unlikely, the giants are not eliminated. 8-8 may be a playoff birth in the NFC this season although not a high probability.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Right...and despite the odds being close to Dumb and Dumber-like (so you're saying there's a chance!), it is motivating them!

The Giants are even more of an enigma than we are. They could play great like they did last week and make this a shootout...or be totally inept. Having watched the first half of the Jets game and then our dismantling of the Jags...we are too!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar