Pre-Game Thread Game 13: Titans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The defense has to be good at something to win a championship. It doesn't need to be the '85 Bears. Create turnovers at a ridiculous rate. Rush the passer better than anyone else. Stop the run. It needs to be able to take something away from the other team.

We can't provide any type of resistance at all.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Giants, Saints, Colts were statistically bad as far as yards and points.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It was Frank Reich. Oilers actually injured Jim Kelly the week before when the Oilers won the week 17 regular season matchup.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

Giants had pass rush, the Saints had an amazing Takeaway rate that year. Can't recall the Colts specifically but they had a pretty good D that year against the Bears.

5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Oh wow, thats right.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Except it wasn’t Kelly and that’s what makes it worse. It was Frank Reich at QB that day. The Oilers were the best team in the NFL that year and probably win the SB if they don’t crap that game away. That game sealed the Oilers fate becoming the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

exactly. I felt the same way that season. We were the best team in my mind and that should have been our superbowl year.

8. HurrayTitans!

Then 99' and 00' and 09' all happened. Some really good teams that were SB caliber but S**t the bed in the post season somewhere. (I wouldn't say that about the 99' season, Rams were really good too and we took them to the wire.

Oilers had a couple other seasons that were really good and just fell short. 79' (I wasn't born yet, but I am aware of the Renfro "catch").

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

78 and 79 2nd best teams those years. Steelers were just better. But Renfro did catch that ball. There are a Steelers fans who still claim it ain’t a catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar