FryRob Speaks III

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It’s not, but wouldn’t this be the third year in a row? The dual first rounder was pretty impressive.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yep, or let Bradbury step in at Guard, but I think Jones is better there since he has the experience as Guard and less athletic.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

as long as it's not rashan gary

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I, for one, would be pissed if we take a DT with our first round pick.

This team is only going as far as Marcus takes us. We must directly support him with this draft and it must happen now. We are all fully aware of his contract situation.

Everyone knows this is a defensive draft. We should be playing to it’s strengths. Meaning, since there is so much depth on the defensive side is the ball we should focus on offense early knowing good defenders will be available later.

Even if Marcus turns out to not be the guy and, assuming we draft another QB next season, that QB is going to need a solid O-line in front of him. Not to mention solid skill position players.

My top priority would be getting rid of Ben Jones. Each week I had a hard time deciding who was worse, he or Kline. If Bradbury is on the board then we should take him. But really any player that can support Marcus or our future rookie QB would be the way to go. That could be Hockenson or a burner at WR.

With the depth of this draft we should still be able to get a really good pass rusher in the 2nd or after.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I don't even want Devin Bush...

I've seen a couple mocks with that, they're just about as high as a QB in the 1st mockers

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Wilkins isn't just a pass rusher.

Tired of hearing that thrown with him....

He is a pass rusher, a nose tackler, a fit in run gaps, a man that draws attention off others, an adaptable DL that can play anywhere on the line......

Yes, I agree with you on the aspect of DON'T TAKE JUST A PASS RUSHER in the first round..... Hence why Harold Landry was a 2nd round prospect.... He has a bend yes, but his run assignments and run defense needed fine tuned (couple that with injuries and production)

but what you DO take is a piece that you can mold your defensive line around, an eye for stopping the run, knocking the Center and Guards off the line, and finally getting your pro bowl end a piece to remove pressure from him....... that, of it self alone, is most definitely worth a 19th overall pick.... Maybe not necessarily a TOP 10, but TOP 20 for sure.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

There is only one college player scheduled to appear/sign autographs at the NFL experience this weekend. Care to guess who it is? That’s right, Wilkens. Loads of Titans players and one lone college player. It’s a done deal folks.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Don’t want a NT either. I agree he’s much more of a big body run stuffer than a pass rusher. I also agree it would be great to have him but we are just not going to win anything in this league without good QB play... everything depends on it.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I think the same could be said for WR, might take a trade up in the 2nd to get the right guy though.

WR is a very deep position this year imo

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Screw that.

I don't want to trade up this year. If wilkins and burns are gone, and Bradbury is the best player left at 19, so be it.

But I'm tired of throwing draft capital down a black hole that is the Mariota led offense. 2 overall for him. 5 overall for Davis. 2nd for Henry. Big deal for Lewis. Top five for Lewan. Top 10 for conk. Big deal for saffold.

And what have we gotten for it? Never even sniffed top half of the league in offense.

Meanwhile, the D that has had less capital invested into it is one of the best in the league.

Sink or swim with what you have Marcus. We go as far as the D takes us.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar