Fried tators and cornbread. Tennessean Folk.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Who else grew up on these foods?

Am i the only person here thats a true Tennessean? my family has a long line of history in middle TN. back when Moon Shine and going to school with dirty clothes and bottomless shoes were common. My Grandpa was still farming in the 80's when i was growing up. I remember riding the pigs and tricking the cows to touch the electric fence lmao.

anyways i dont meet many people around here anymore with true roots to TN, they either move here or they have family history in some other state.

How many of you guys here have a long line of Family history in TN?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am quite sure that your sister is also your mother so yeah.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

My family has lived in Blount County since at least 1802. They also stopped most of their farming in the 1980s.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Jesus why do you constantly hate on this guy? If you don't like what he posts..IGNORE him..:suspect:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Not only did I grow up eating fried taters and cornbread they are still a mainstay at our family dinners. Find a better homecooked meal than taters, fried cabbage, black eyed peas or pinto beans, country ham and cornbread.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because it's fun?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cuz he's a friggin TROLL and he gets what he wants...

8. Yep, we fry everything in the south. Hell, we even put fat in our vegetables...

I remember going to dinner with my roommate (from Boston) in college one night and they were serving catfish and hush puppies. He asked "What are hush puppies" and I couldn't believe it.

But hey, I guess not everyone eats fried cornmeal...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bistec De Pollo empanizado - skilleted Cuban chicken, smothered in raw white onion, lime juice and hot sauce, served with a heaping pile of black beans and rice. Yes, I grew up in Florida.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The real question is, how many of you cook your cornbread in a good old-fashioned Pittsburgh, TN-based Lodge Cast Iron Skillet?

And how many of you drink good old-fashioned, Lynchburg, TN-based Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey?

We make good things in TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar