Free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we hired a coach that wants to keep us in the 34D then I'd really like to see us make a run at Dee Ford for our 3rd LB/Orakpo replacement. He is coming off a down year and is definatly a bounce back canidate with starter upside.

2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I think the many of our issues will look worlds better with the coaching change. That said, there are still improvement that need to be made to this roster. Off-season needs as I see them

1. Edge Pass Rusher
    2. Interior offensive lineman
    3. Pass defending ILB
    4. Nose Tackle
    5. Speed/receiving back
    6. Backup QB (w/ marcus' style)

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Initial FA wishlist:

1. Edge Pass Rusher - Longacre or Mingo
    2. Interior offensive lineman - Norwell or Pugh
    3. Pass defending ILB - Draft Roquan!
    4. Nose Tackle - Richardson or Poe
    5. Speed/receiving back - Dion Lewis or Jerrick McKinnon
    6. Backup QB (w/ marcus' style) - Matt Moore

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Dee Ford is not a FA this yr. I agree that we need to add another pass rusher. I think it will come from the draft...just don’t see us paying another vet a ton of money

I would love to see us make a run at Landry. Although his off field stuff is probably not what Jrob wants....you can’t deny his on field production. If you are trying to help MAriota out then no better way than giving him a great slot receiver....we certainly don’t need to spend a draft pick on one since we spent 2 high ones last yr.

On defense it looks like quite a few decent CBs might hit FA. Would love to see MCCain moved off the roster.

Improving our ability to cover RBs and TEs should be a priority....you do this by increasing speed at LBer and safety.

5. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

LB’s and definitely a OG. The interior of our line was our weak spot. WR is also a need preferably a slot guy

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

O-Line depth isn’t a top priority but it’s one.

Conklins injury / surgery may even leak into the beginning of the Season and I heard PUP list hasn’t been ruled out as an option

Dennis Kelly is a solid back up but beefing up the line should always be a priority regardless of Conklin being ready or not

7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Jarvis Landry.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not a lot of mentioning Ben jones issues. Last year he seemed like a good FA pickup but this year he seemed very sketchy. Low snaps from shotgun and clear the running game was an issue: he also had a few schwenke moments where he just stepped out of the way for a defender.

I don't know who's available, and jones may be good with just competition, but just like Spain and Klein, I think depth should be considered at least.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

I agree with your priority list, however, I'm not sure any of the Edge Pass Rusher are really worth signing. It is also hard to predict until we know what type of defense we will be running.

Signing Norwell or Pugh would be a huge upgrade to the interior of our offensive line but they won't come cheap.

If I was JR, I would take a look at signing Wilkerson (will probably get cut) to a prove it deal. If he can get properly motivated and return to form, him and Casey on a DL would be scary.

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

A big question mark is do we bring back Williamson? He may demand more than he's worth to us.

We should probably re-sign Daquan Jones, Walden, Spain, and maybe Kline.

Think we should let Decker, Douglas, McCain, Weems, Schwenke, and Weeden walk.

I'd cut Sylvester Williams and Matt Cassell.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar