Fourth quarter comeback stat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Feb 1, 2019.

?
  1. No

66.7%
  2. Well Tebow and cutler were great at it so duh

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meekmode

meekmode Starter

I fully acknowledge mariotas flaws, only one person in this conversation doesn’t acknowledge his positives, talk about a fantasy. Anything of substance means anything realistic that proves your opinion wrong, got it.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

oh so the good things he does are not cuz of him, but someone else, so we should just ignore them. got it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The people who defend Marcus are the same ones who blast his receivers, the ones who were consistently getting open on 3rd down.

4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

i dont think many people are BLASTING anyone, other than you and a few others blasting mary... its a team sport, they all deserve some blame,

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Exactly

Like him having a good completion percentage. It was assumed that his good percentage was because he has so many "Short passes". when that assumption proved false (his "air yards" average is actually typical) the new "Reason" was that Mariota "did not attempt enough passes" for his completion percentage to count.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Can you blame people for being frustrated? When he's hurt, which is always, it really limits what we can do , as well as his and everyone else's production. That is nobody else's fault. We could have an All Star supporting cast, and it wouldn't matter at all once he inevitable goes down.

7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

why is being frustrated grounds for not crediting mariota for anything he does well, seems really emotionally driven logic to me. I don't get it at all, everyone has been frustrated with his health.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Because you are talking about a QB who has thrown 24 TD/23 INT in the previous 2 yards. He's had 3 more 4th quarter comebacks than Blake Bortles and 2 more than Blaine Gabbert, yet people act like he's exceptional at it and that it makes up for his pedestrian production .

9. meekmode

meekmode Starter

8 the last two years.... that's not exceptional at it? almost half our wins over that time frame was mariota performing a comeback lol. blake bortles has 3 the last 3 years, what parallels are you trying to draw exactly? You just can't acknowledge anything he does well it's kinda sad that you're so blinded because you're "frustrated"

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

As RWill stated, at the end of games, he's not taking dumb sacks, throwing dumb INTs, or floating balls which are nowhere close to the receiver. I once thought it was because of the difference in the style of offense that we were running, but now I just think that it's him.

Like pre- Jacksonville Henry, I don't think that he plays to the best of his ability on every play. He's timid and hesitant until it's absolutely crucial that he makes a play. Part of the frustration is that we know he can do better. Hopefully he plays with more urgency in his contract year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar