Fourth quarter comeback stat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Feb 1, 2019.

?
  1. No

66.7%
  2. Well Tebow and cutler were great at it so duh

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

He was playing against one of the best defensive minds ever in his first super bowl. I’d still do whatever it would take to get him here now

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Goff could've used that last night .

4. meekmode

meekmode Starter

in no world is a 4th year qb with 10 4th quarter comebacks a bad stat.

without those comeback victories from mariota the titans go from 3 winning seasons, 1 playoff appearance and 1 playoff win. To ZERO winning seasons ZERO playoff appearances ZERO playoff wins and likely a 5th coaching staff.

Brady’s 4th quarter killer instinct is one of his most defining features as a quarterback. Try telling anyone outside of this echo chamber this isn’t a real stat.

Now 520 will say “lol comparing mariota to Brady.” No I’m saying it’s a desirable feature in a starting QB and it always has been.

“Lol cutler bad qb and was clutch therefore stat doesn’t matter.”

The stupidity of 520 lives on. Now you can’t even mention anything mariota does well or you’re a “Mary fairy” lol ok. Tuna man says so ... must be true

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I am not a Mariota fan, I want to move on from him. Even saying that, I will be the first to say Mariota is clutch.

At the same time, that also points out just how much of Mariota's problems are because of Mariota... When he settles in and focuses at the task at hand, he is a pretty decent qb. If he can avoid sacks, throw decent passes, make good runs, etc, in the 4th, why can't he do it all the time? Seems like a real lack of focus for the other 55 minutes of the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. meekmode

meekmode Starter

I’m confused, you think he’s only been clutch in the last 5 minutes? He’s 1 of 6 qbs with a passer rating over 100 in prime time games. Generally speaking when the lights are on mariota has come to play.

Mariota ranks 5th in 3rd down conversion at 46.5% and a lot of those are 3rd and long due to any pulse of a run game the first 12 weeks. (Edit: found the stat, mariota ranks 2nd in 3rd and long 47.2%)

I agree he should be more consistent though in more games and deserves his share of blame. Just funny how only mariota deserves blame but not any gameplans or mediocre wr/line/rb play for lack of scoring. Henry sucked all year until the last 4 weeks, I imagine having a run game would have lead to more scoring and consistency on offense overall but that’s being realistic which is frowned upon here for some reason.

Regardless mariotas career will hinge on his health next year and whether he can fix the flaws he has, but acting like he has zero positives because the tuna squad says so is absolutely hilarious.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

The problem with stats is you can use them to prove anything you want. I am not talking about stats I am talking about reality. What I said applies in every possible way.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Right so he only focuses in the last 5 minutes because ... you say so? Works for me thanks for chatting.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yet you can't contradict what I have said with anything of substance. And debating with someone blinded by love is a waste of time so, good day, enjoy your Mariota fantasies.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

How was he on 3rd down in 2017? What about his accuracy? QB rating?

It's safe to say that LaFluer was a big reason why Mariota was efficient on 3rd down, because I recall us being one of the worst 3 and out teams the year prior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar