For Those Trashing The OL....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by abc2330, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

In the stats thread there was a stat by PFF or some such saying our receivers had above average seperation.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Half of the points you tried to make have been proven wrong too many times and the info is readily available.

• Boring Boring x 2
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Here’s some numbers I found and I don’t know exactly how sacks allowed are “credited” or if 100% are credited to someone but 2018 titans OL:
    Conklin - 5
    Spain - 1
    Jones - 4
    Kline - 3
    Lewan - 2
    Kelly - 1
    Levin - 1

No other OL was credited with any and I can’t find the numbers credited to non-OLman.

Titans allowed 47 (42 Mariota, 5 Blaine-train)
    17 allowed by the OL leaves 30 to be credited among TE/RB and QB. That’s a lot so I doubt all are credited to someone.

That said, the team that allows the least “hits” should not be among the top in sacks allowed. Just contradicts itself, unless you have poor WR/TE or QB.
    As pointed out, the stats thread has the Titans WR among the top in separation so this leads me to believe that a lot are on the QB. (Or lots of these stats are just wrong).

Based on this simple math, it seems Mariota is the blame for most of his sacks.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Whatever, dude. Someone already cleared this up. The interior OL is the reason why we had 47 sacks, even though they are only responsible for 9. That middle pressure, yo.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Wouldn’t middle pressure not equaling a sack at least equal more hits?

Like I said, I’m sure there’s sacks that get credited to no one and I’ve got no issue blaming the OL IN ADDITION to Mariota taking sacks, but he definitely is responsible for his fair share of sacks. I’ll even goes as far as saying he is likely to be credited for taking the most on the team this past season. I just can’t find any sites that break it down.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

All 3 of our receivers had better separation than all of the elite receivers though?

What you said and what he said are 2 totally different things.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

While they were being targeted, yes. Our top receiver had nearly an entire extra years of separation per Target than Indy's top receiver. Kind of makes the complaints about lack of separation seem stupid.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So we’ve gone from “virtually every top receiver in the league” to now just Indy’s top receiver. Lol ok

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I made another thread about this . And I just mentioned him because everyone trashes Mariota's supportingcast, while he's actually had a much easier time in the NFL than luck.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

per target makes this stat useless, i hope you realize that lol. cuz when they arent getting separation and he doesnt throw it to them, it doesnt count that obvious low number into the average....

worthless stat, thanks for playing.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar