Fisher getting cooked by ESPN writer Sal Paolantonio

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

More bible length posts from gut? I'm not reading all of that.

I'll deal with one comment that is so wrong.

Jeff fisher did not DEVELOP eddie geroge. He merely let him play. He didn't develop mcnair either but rather imprisioned him in a system that didn't best take advantage of steve's talents and treated him like a child.

In 2001 we were forced to open up the offense because our star RB couldn't even average 3 yards a carry but that crippled RB still got his 20 carries a game crippled or not! I'll give dinger some credit for mcnair but opening up the offense occured by force not because fisher wanted it. In steve's best 3 years he also had the best Wrs to throw to.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mike martz greatest coach since God!

Mike martz had 3 MVPs! Warner and faulk were comvps in 2001 and in 2000 faulk was a comvp. In 2001 martz's rams also were #1 in scoring defense.

Bill callahan awesome coach! Coached up a league mvp in rich gannon 2002. Shottenheimer coached up a league mvp in tomlinson. Tomlinson would not have succeeded without that great coaching!

Gut actually crediting jeff fisher with making eddie george a team leader. Can you imagine such rubbish!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut wasting mine and your time. Talking about how some coach would have been judged after the first few years when the writer of this article is judging fisher on 13 years!

Bottom line 5 winning seasons out of 13 is not above average! How could it be?

4. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

I have been following the Titans since they came to Nashville in 1998.
    In those ten years Jeff Fisher is 91-69 (22 games over .500) with only
    3 losing seasons and 5 playoff appearances including 2 AFC Championship
    games and 1 Super Bowl. This by definition is above average (80-80, 5
    losing seasons and 3.75 playoff appearances). Mike Shanahan over the
    same period is 96-63 (5 wins better than Fisher) with only 2 losing seasons
    and 5 playoff appearances including 2 AFC Championship games and 1
    Super Bowl (which of course he won). Is Shanahan average over the last
    ten years? I don't think either of them is a great coach but they are both
    above average. A great coach would be Joe Gibbs (of course I am originally
    from D.C. so I am biased), who like Fisher took over a bad team from Jack Pardee and went 8-8 the next year and the following year won a Super Bowl, but couldn't be more than average in his second go round. It depends on the
    time you look at. I know Shanahan had another Super Bowl (1997)but at least he played 8 real home games(all in the same city!) in '96,'97 and '98. Success depends on a lot including the owner, GM and injuries. You can make what you want of that but it points to Fisher being a better than
    average coach.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Problem with your idiotic ramblings.

Outside of Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, LT and Faulk were already established stars with previous coaches.

Eddie and McNair played under the one coach in Fisher so your point, as usual, is moot.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Every year the Fisher bandwagon gets less and less until we win the SB. That's basically what's going on. No stats to back it up or history of coaches. That's what happens to everyone. In 5 years, if the Titans haven't won the SB will I still think Fish. is a good coach for the Titans? No I won't, thats probaly what everyone will feel like anyway.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

umm...Look at the talent fisher has had in, overrated? if anything they underpaid him....

Fisher is a great coach, how in the world do Kiffin and Moore even get put in the same breath as him???

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Gut

And yet you write 3 posts of the same total length...

And frankly, if I couldn't argue a well-reasoned response, I wouldn't read one of my lengthy posts either. It's an easy out.

So he derves no credit for getting a talented RB and building the team around him. I mean, everyone's got an Eddie George on their team....oh wait, they don't. So no credit for 'letting' him play.

But then Fisher gets no credit for NOT letting McNair play?

Amazing that every mediocre coach has a RB as effective as EG (they don't) and developed a QB in McNair (and was widely praised for having developed McNair the 'right' way)...though you think he imprisoned him and treated him like a child?

What exactly do you give credit to coaches for....?

You appear to be reasoning that coaches don't do anything except let guys play or not...

Maybe you should apply for the job.

You have no proof of this. Dinger lobbied for Fisher to open it up. He didn't have to, but he did. You seem to think you can criticize him for playing a crippled guy when he shouldn't but not give him credit for using him to the fullest when he should. Similarly, you want to criticize Fisher for not allowing McNair to open it up early in his career but don't give him credit for again, using him to his fullest when he should.

Sounds more than a tad biased!

And if you don't like reading my posts, feel free to not respond to them.

Gut

9. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Fisher wouldn't be known as being able to good a lot from a little if he was actually able to put something worthwhile on the field.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fisher would have already been fired by now, if he worked for any owner other than Bud Adams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar