Fisher getting cooked by ESPN writer Sal Paolantonio

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I still don't understand why Monte Kiffin doesn't get a job somewhere. Maybe he just doesn't want a HC job.

2. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Because maybe, just maybe, he doesn't have the proper people skills in order to motivate an entire team of players let alone an entire coaching staff?

I know nothing about Kiffin but that would be my guess. His resume is impressive but his age and lack of HC experience can't be helping the cause either.

P.S. If Sal wanted to know why Fisher is a great coach all he had to do was watch Fisher's rant during the Superbowl when Blaine Bishop got injured.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Do you have a link? I can't find it.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Considering hes coming out with a book of the top 10 most overrated Qbs of all time, and Favre is on the list, I dont listen to much of what this guy says anymore

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

More of his jokes
    look his stuff up on ESPN
    Paolantonio: Why T.O. is overrated
    Paolantonio: Favre didn't deliver in2nd half of career

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I used to like Paolantonio but I officialy will never read one of his articles again.

7. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I'm probably gonna get deep-fried for saying all of this...but as a longtime Titans/Oilers fan, I'm not sure I totally disagree with Sal on this one. Don't get me wrong: I love Fisher and currently wouldn't approve of anyone else coaching the Titans, but at times, Sal does have a point.

About 85% of me thinks the world of Jeff Fisher, probably because he's done something no other coach has done: stuck with the organization through the good and bad times. Maybe it was because I was only 10 years old when Fisher took over for Jack Pardee in 1994. But a slight part of me knows that a .537 is, as Paolantonio put it, "barely above sea level." On the other hand, a larger part of me also realizes that you can't go 13-3 every single year, and Fisher has definitely kept us competitive year-in and year-out.

There's something to be said about an NFL coach who's three children all attended the same elementary, middle and high schools.

Go Titans!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher sucks. No candy coating it. He does. BUT we could always have someone worse. And that's the only thing saving his job.

9. smili

smili Starter

I have to agree with some of the points - and it's actually not much different than we've heard discussed on the board here.

I think the way Fisher coaches is very good for keeping the score close and giving your team a chance to win. We win some games we probably wouldn't with his more conservative approach.

I think the conservative strategy falls apart a bit against the very best competition though - especially unless you have a top rate defense. Having a top rate D is critical to the way Fisher coaches. If you're going to coach to win by 3pts there's no room for error, and against the best teams it's tough to count on stopping them and winning by 3. The Titans rarely go for the knockout punch if they're up by 3 in the 2nd half - it's usually punt and play D.

The good news is that I think Heimerdinger's offense complements Fisher's tendencies pretty well and am optimistic for this year. Fisher needs to be pushed offensively to score more than his natural tendencies require, and Heimerdinger will do that.

10. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

Sal Pal whatever his name is, is an idiot! what he fails to mention in that 13 years is that we didn't have a home stadium for 3 years of coach fishers tenure also another 2 years in houston they were booed and nobody attended. so out of those years plus cap hell, injuries and building thru the draft i think he is a fine coach! and Denny green although i think is a good coach in his own right had one of the greatest teams of all time and couldn't even win in the playoffs!! We got beat by arguablly the best defense of alltime (2000 Ravens) and the year before the greatest offense of all-time(1999 Rams) so go figure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar