Fanspeak 2017, Start mocking!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

An All-Pro tackle that got the most help out of any tackle in the league. Great...

And Mitchell Schwartz, the FA that I wanted, was second-team All-Pro and he wouldn't have cost us two draft picks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

That WE wanted!!! I think there were only 3-4 of us wanting a free agency RT or get a RT later in the draft (beyond round 1).

<sigh>

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hey, when you do these, can you list everyone that went in round 1? I keep seeing Garrett and Allen falling to us at #5...who is going the 4 picks before us?

Also, do they still ask you which 'board' you want to draft off of? If yes, which board are you choosing?

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Here's my first crack at it off the cuff without looking at how they rate the players

5: R1P5
    DL JONATHAN ALLEN
    ALABAMA

18: R1P18
    LB REUBEN FOSTER
    ALABAMA

83: R3P19
    WR MALACHI DUPRE
    LSU

100: R3P36
    WR CURTIS SAMUEL
    OHIO STATE

123: R4P18
    EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS
    LOUISVILLE

165: R5P20
    CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON
    COLORADO

239: R7P18
    EDGE JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
    TENNESSEE

Most of the cb's I wanted went before my 3rd round picks which was a bit unexpected. I also didn't expect 0 QB's taken in the top 5 so Allen and Foster at those picks is a homerun. Went Dupre at WR and took Samuel as well (can fill slot, change of Pace RB and special teams). Fields was BPA at needed positions. Finally got to take a CB at a value range. Witherspoon had a ton of PBU's this year opposite Awuzie and Reeves-Maybin is either a huge steal because he was hurt or something strange. Is his injury career threatening or is there board messed up?

I would assume getting a big time CB and S in FA so I didn't go crazy for CB in this draft.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Here's one more using some guy's board (KC?) and user voted needs.

5: R1P5
    WR COREY DAVIS
    WESTERN MICHIGAN

18: R1P18
    CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
    OHIO ST.

83: R3P19
    S EDDIE JACKSON
    ALABAMA

100: R3P36
    CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE
    COLORADO

123: R4P18
    LB JAYLEN REEVES-MAYBIN
    TENNESSEE

165: R5P20
    WR RYAN SWITZER
    NORTH CAROLINA

239: R7P18
    WR JOSH REYNOLDS
    TEXAS A&M

This one doesn't take FA into account so I over drafted Davis a bit, got us 2 starting cb's in Lattimore and Awuzie, a S in Eddie Jackson (who also might compete at CB), Reeves-Maybin was injured most of the season but is smallish but explosive last year. With Williamson thumping, he is quick and fast and an excellent blitzer with sideline to sideline speed and the ability to cover. His injuries will have to be looked at. Switzer would be excellent in the slot and as a returner. and Reynolds is probably too good to go this far down but he's another solid wr to beef up our wr corp. In essence, got a big play wr, nearly a new secondary, possibly great ILB, slow WR and returner for ST and another wr. What's not to like? Was really hoping to get TJ Watt with my last pick but he went just a little earlier!

6. Fry

#5. Myles Garrett Edge
    #18. Dalvin Cook RB
    #83. Jourdan Lewis CB
    #100. Isiah Ford WR
    #123. David Sharpe OL
    #165. Corn Elder CB
    #239. Josh Malone WR

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You realize these players actually get a say in the matter as to where they go, right? And Schwartz is performing at a lower level than a rookie and making more money. And Conklin is getting ranked All-pro by the freaking AP and people who actually watch every single team, so you can give the "he gets the most help" garbage a rest.

8. Fry

I'm sorry that the facts upset you.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Provide them.

10. Fry

From PFF

"The second rookie to make the PFF All-Pro team this season, the performance of Jack Conklin has been remarkable at a position where rookies traditionally struggle. Conklin (and teammate Taylor Lewan on the other side) do get more help than most tackles in Tennessee’s scheme."

It's not hard to see either. How often do we keep in extra blockers? It was an epidemic early in the season. Max protect and two-receiver routes. Jack "Hold my Hand" Conklin and Taylor "Repeat First Down" Lewan limit the passing offense because they can't hold up consistently one-on-one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar