FA WRs with connection to LaFleur

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Sammy Watkins is the big name guy who had a solid yr playing under Lafleur. I think they will franchise tag him or get a long term deal done. If he hits the market, I'd certainly give him a look. I don't think he would cost as much as Landry because of his bad injury history.

Taylor Gabriel from the Falcons played under Lafleur in 2016 and had 35 catches for a 16.5ypc average and 6 TDs. This year under Sark he had 1TD. The nice thing about him is that he is young and experienced. He isn't a guy that is going to get paid big money and he isn't going to improve the top part of your receiver room, but he would certainly improve the competition for the slot WR spot and maybe be able to help Taylor learn the new system.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

lol if we get sammy watkins the fantasy football guys on here might have a collective heart attack

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We didnt just draft a WR 5th overall to pay some other guy

#3 JCBRAVE, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. kstone

kstone Starter

I could see us maybe going after Gabriel if the contract is not that big. Can't see us going after Watkins. He is going to get a overpaid deal somewhere and just don't think the Rams will franchise him because they have some big names on D that are free agents also.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hammy Watkins to go with Hammy Davis

• LOL LOL x 7
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Sounds like a deadly combination.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Gabriel could be a target. Watkins will be too expensive

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Rob Moore our new WR coach was Sammy Watkins coach in Buffalo his rookie yr.

Just another connection....if Watkins hits the market and liked playing for both LaFleur and Moore that familiarity certainly wouldn’t hurt our chances of landing him

9. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Or the Taylor guy to be the 6th wideout.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Currently our roster is Davis, Matthews, Taylor and Sharpe.....so Taylor is our 3rd...I'd have no problem adding someone to make him our 4th

What did both the Eagles and Rams do last off-season??? Add multiple WRs...worked out well for them.

I know WR is not our biggest need, but I just don’t see a bunch of young playmakers at other positions that I’d rather spend our cap space on. We certainly aren’t spending draft capital at the WR position. Already done that as you pointed out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar