Everybody Calm Down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nope. Sure didn't.

Pretty certain that was bigtitan (I could be wrong), I remember when you said, but not what thread, and I agree with you on it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The year the Colts won it they had a skid around this time of the year, remember that horrible defense.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You know, you don't go 10-0 without playing your heart out. It just doesnt work like that. We can all point fingers, i personally want to point at Chris Carr, but I can't blame him. Jax did it against us last week... They threw it his direction on all big plays and he keeps gettin beat and had some big penalities today which kept our offense on the bench.

The good thing about the loss is, we don't have to worry about undefeated, meaning we can rest our players in the last few games because at this point, 13-3 (at the worst) looks to be a bye and homefield advantage.

That means last game of the year, they would have to put their backup in, Vince Young.

Lendale was mad, and you know, we all had a day. It happens. The score is quite deceiving if you ask me. They say football is a game of inches, and we were off a few inches (ahem chris carr) and it hurt us the most because you can't give brett farve a lead. That's just how it is..

We definately need to get lendale involved more, he's obviously wanting more touches, you can call him fat, but hes made big plays and he can't do it with three touches. To say he doesnt care is a flat out lie. If he didnt care, he wouldnt be going off about getting 3 touches. He does care.

So like i said, the rest will help us, because when the titans are 100% and nick harper is back, i think the score will be different should we have to see the jets again in the postseason.

Honestly, I think you can get alot of positives from this game. It kinda puts things into perspective. You win 10 games by running the ball and throwing if you have too.. Now they come up passing, and running only one back.

We all know the Titans receiving isn't great, the drops are disapointing, but if they started catching all thier passes, we wouldnt have called them mediocre in the first place. Sadly, I'm not suprised they were dropping balls.

I like our chances.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there goes the kfc 4 mvp website I was hawking to venture capitalist

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our best solace is to keep remembering the Giants game against the browns on that monday night. The giants lost 35-14 and gave up 454 yards to a browns team that is 4-7.

I could go back and give many examples of super bowl teams who had really bad regular season games like the 94 49ers who lost a game 40-8, or our 99 team that lost to the ravens 41-14.

We get a freebie on thursday that will make us 11-1 and maybe the jets will be flat on sunday and will lose. All i know is that 11-1 after thanksgiving is about all we ever could have asked for.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

HAHA! I was thinking the same thing ;)

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I am a spoiled fan. I wanted to win them all. I don't handle a loss very well. So phooey on the Titans after getting killed by the Jets! Now all of a sudden the Jets are the best team in the AFC. We shall see.

O.K. I'm over it now..... Bring on the mighty Lionesses ....

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Guys guys. We have the lions thursday in an east win. They suck, they are made to order for us and they don't have roy williams.

We win that and then we have a nice extra rest time for the browns at home. the browns can be tough in the dog pound but at our house i don;t see us losing that game.

That puts us at 12-1 and we have all but sewed up home field. If the jets and steelers lose in the next 2 weeks we are basically in as home field!

9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Receivers had hard hands, too much prevent defense a couple of crappy calls on pass interference but an excellent turkey leg. As stated, better to drop one now, expose weak points and get the no-loss target off your back.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What prevent defense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar