Every Mariota interception in 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

That blade cuts both ways. Anyone who only looks at the negatives without further investigation and declares the entire performance as @#$& is also too attached emotionally and will die trying to defend their position. Gut offered clear insights, both positive and negative, in dissecting Mariota’s interceptions. No one responded in kind.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Nice try! I’m neither a hater (who hates and blames Mariota for everything) nor a homer (who thinks Mariota can do no wrong). But I’m afraid it is you who is letting your emotions get the best of you. I have clearly pointed out places where he’s made bad throws and bad decisions...even one I labeled inexplicable. It’s you who says his whole season is cr#p and any who doesn’t agree with you is obviously a homer. A laughable argument!

In a season of 500+ plays, you labeling them all Bad is you being a hater as he made some great plays this year! I don’t fit into your box of homer or hater. I point things out as they actually are....shown by my detailing of every pick this year and dissecting why each happened. Simply blaming the qb for someone else’s mistake is fandom at it’s worse.

As pointed out. 7 of 17 picks are all on Mariota. You wanna give him all the blame for 3 more, fair enough...that’s 10. He has 22 TDS and realistically, he should have had 3-5 more when receivers dropped the ball or ran the wrong route as Matthews did that would have been a TD. So realistically, he should have had 25tds (or more) vs 10 picks this year based on HIS play. So the numbers look worse than they should have been.

On the flip side, he didn’t play as well or as consistently as he had in 2016 so I agree it was a down year for him...but not nearly as bad as you and some others would like to label it.

So which am I? I’m the realist!

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We can all agree Mariota had a disappointing year.

Moving on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar