Edge FAs who do you want

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No need for another 3 tech with Simmons around

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I have no idea if that led the league for just edge guys, but 25 seemed like a lot.

Front 7? Last we got 16 sacks from the front 7. And we actually got 7.5 from edge guys. I missed Brooks Reed's sack.

In 2019, we had 23 sacks from edge guys and 38 sacks from front 7 guys and we still complained about pass rush.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We only have 1 Jeffrey Simmons, right?

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think in 19’ it was more about inconsistency. Bulk sacks in some games, zero in others. Still wasn’t really enough pressure (maybe not just sacks) to beat some of the better teams, like chiefs and saints.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If I recall, things kinda of slowed when all of our CB's got hurt and then Landry kinda gassed because we play him 60-70 snaps a game instead of the 40-50 snaps where he is probably best as a pass rusher.

I'm not really making a point, just posting numbers. Like I said in my first post, sacks are kind of luck. I just think we need a lot of depth at both IDL and edge.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I would like to see one of them and a vet like Kerrigan and draft someone. When J-Rob gets some contracts re-done, the money situation should be fine. I cannot see us paying Butler and A. Jackson, over 24 million for them both.

Expect a few cuts and some contract tweaks

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

With the money we have I'd be happy with kerrigan and clowney, then draft one

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Not sure why Von Miller would be released but if he is that is the only answer we should be considering.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

32 when the season starts
    Coming off season ending leg injury
    Pending criminal investigation
    Expensive
    Broncos aren't competing any time soon

Lots of reasons to cut him, wouldn't be opposed to taking a look at him if it happens though.

*edit* Looks like he was cleared of charges this week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Pending criminal Investigation is over. No charges will be filed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar