Easy offseason plan for JRob

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don’t be a shore-fire jerk about it.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We beat 4 playoff teams this yr....we are not a bad team...we do not need to blow things up or make any drastic changes...we need to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. That has got to be our top priority.

I’m all for resigning Vaccaro and cutting cyprien....

I could easily see us bringing in a Patriot again in either Danny Shelton or Malcolm Brown....the Pats will probably keep whichever is willing to sign for the cheapest.

Morgan is no superstar but he is a solid run defender who can occasionally get some pass rush pressure....I’d be happy to resign him at a cap friendly deal. But I would also hope to add another speed guy in FA or the draft.

Just forget about a change at QB for 2019 because MM is the guy....if you want to look elsewhere for a backup that is fine.

But the focus has got to be in the trenches

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

The Patriot free agent we need the most is Stephen Gostkowski. He was a Memphis Tiger too. Bring that man home. See ya Succop.

4. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Do y’all see how much love Vaccaro is getting on Twitter and hes retweeting every one of them (including me) ::takes bow::

This dude obviously wants to come back.

#34 Cajun_Titan_33, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. 615nick

615nick Starter

Qb- keep mm8, replace gabby with a better vet or rookie
    Rb- keep henry, lewis and flu
    Fb- n/a
    Wr- keep davis, taylor, sharpe; bring in a tier 2 type vet, trade for a tier one guy or draft one high; keep batson and jennings around for competition
    Te- keep smith, firkser and pruitt; if walker is back we're good, if not we need to sign or draft one better than jonnu
    Ol- keep lewan, conk, kelley, levin; let go of jones, spain, kline; bring in through fa, trade or draft a c and a g, at least
    Dl- keep jones, casey, johnson; let go of logan; bring in a nt and a de that can create pressure
    Olb- keep landry, finch, correa; let go of morgan; bring in 2
    Ilb- keep woody, evans and brown; bring in one
    Cb- keep jackson, ryan, butler and sims; bring in one
    Fs- keep byard, shank and trawick
    Ss- keep vaccaro and cyp; let lewis go
    K- bring in a rook and cut succup
    P- keep kern

I know we need to bring in a lot more players as camp bodies and for competition reasons, but i only listed players we should draft or get early in fa.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The problem we have this off-season is, we don't really know what we have coming back.

Will Marcus be 100%? Is he going to need surgery? This injury sounds like it could basically be a chronic thing that never really goes away.

Will walker come back strong, a shell of himself, or not at all? What about conk?

Hard to plan for those things.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

One thing I hope to see is J-Rob somehow picking up an additional 1st round pick for 2020. Most likely this can be done by trading back from 19, if a team is desperate enough to move up. By having 2, 1st round picks in 2020, that gives us the ammo we need to possibly move up and draft one of the stud QBs in that loaded draft class should the Marcus experiment fail (which it's looking like it is).

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You going to have to trade way way way back to get an extra first for 2020.

At least down to the 50s

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Never been a real expert with this but is t the value for “next year’s draft” a little lower?
    Like if we traded 19 this year for an unknown 1 next year, usually I see something else added because the value unknown is less. I think we see this a lot more on the lower rounds though, not a first.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Problem is, the only reason anyone would trade back in to our 19 spot is if there is a player they absolutely want. Likely need to be a QB.

First of all, everything I read says there are no good QBs in this draft. And if there was one sitting at 19, and we were looking to replace Mary, we'd just take them ourselves.

So basically you'd need a team desperate to trade up for a QB we don't even want. Kinda unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar