Easy offseason plan for JRob

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lol Morgan is most definitely not PS eligible

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Morgan gotta go....As for QB, we don’t need a backup. We need competition to potentially beat out Mariota. The plan to sure up the lines is great, but we clearly need a QB that can stay healthy and get us past 9-7. Mary has had multiple coaches, line upgrades, top 5 WR drafted, a FA RB, and it’s hasnt changed. At some point, we have to look his way.....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

It is. The part he left out was “draft Tua in 2020.”

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

We definitly need help in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Our ability to get to the QB without blitzing was nil and our Oline was trash, especially the interior.

A new kicker should also be on the list, Succop seems to be slipping.

As far as QB, I'm getting frustrated with MM8 too but after watching Gabbert, it's obvious that things could get a whole lot worse at that position. It's easy to say "we need to move on, or we need to get better at QB" but the question is move on to whom?

Every team in the NFL other than a handful wants to get better at QB, it's easier said than done to actually land that one great player. I'd hate to go back to the VY, Locker, Rusty the Rifle, Fitz-tragic, Clipboard Jesus and Cassel days. People have short memories. As frustrating as MM8 has been, he's still way better than anyone we've had in the past decade.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Very valid points, and sounds great, but the problem is that he can’t stay healthy. He isn’t on the field consistently anyway. As for whom, you’ll never know unless you try, but I know one thing....Mariota isn’t getting us past 9-7 and he is not progressing, that’s a fact. His numbers are real bad where it matters, he’s never healthy, and more importantly, he doesn’t have great chemistry with his wideouts. In the end, he will be our QB, so it is what it is. Might as well build up the trenches for the next guy...

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I just think the QB class in 20 is better than 19. Hopefully no 2006 draft classes and it’d be great if we see another 2004 draft class.

I think Mariota is at least serviceable 1 more year provided his nerve thing isn’t already going to cost him next year. Plus, who knows, maybe he blows us all away and performs like a #2 pick.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

K definitely needs addresses but the bonus to K is it really only takes a late round draft pick or even an UDFA.

8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

New England took Jimmy G in the second to eventually replace Brady. Ravens reached a round early to grab Jackson, to eventually replace Flacco. The Redskins took RGIII and Cousins in the same draft (1st round, 4th round), AJ in Cincy to back up Dalton, Rudolph picked 3rd round to eventually replace Big Ben.

My point is, if you cannot get a Vet like Flacco, Taylor or Foles, you have to draft a guy a little early to groom them into the system your running. Realize you would have scouted a guy to see if he would be an option. Taking a shot in the dark on Falk or Mettenburger in 6th rounds is not what I am getting at.

I do not know much about Rudolph, but I would say, I would have more faith in him throwing the ball than Gabbert or Matty Cass. Besides, with Mariota, he will miss more than the average QB so we technically need 2.

9. HurrayTitans!

Not disagreeing. It just seemed a very general statement that a 2nd rd or 3rd rd needs spent on no specific QB, just a QB.

In everyone of those that you listed, I’m sure they eyed the guy ahead of time and good on all of them to not reach, as in trade to live up for a QB, because QB, in the first round.

I was asking also if anyone has any QB projections for later in the draft that might be worth a pick.

10. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Yes I understand, I have been looking but from all I hear this is not the draft to be taking a QB. The thing I hate is, if Mariota gets hurt again and we finish 9-7 or 8-8. This roster is built to win right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar