Drew Bennett to visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by merlin, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

If he can't play special teams he's wasting a roster spot.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

If healthy, he'd be a great signing for minimum money. His size would add a real nice piece to the plan. KFC has touch, a little fade to another 6'5" guy in the endzone could be cool. With the run game in the redzone, and these big receivers it could be something Titan fans are not used to seeing.

Heck, he'd probably pay for his salary just in merchandise sales. He was quite liked before he left.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sucks.

4. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

Why gage as the slot? Nate is a perfect slot WR.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DB would be welcome competition. My fear is a JMcC-II situation wherer DB not only makes team but sucks up snaps from Britt and Hawkins slowing their progress while at the same time giving the team average - at best - performance

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

To say Britt should be our number makes no sense. He has not proven anything in the NFL yet so I don't think he has earned that #1 role yet. I hope he becomes a #1 but till then he really shouldn't be labeled as anything just yet

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Signing Drew puts the Kai-bosch on Britt doing anything this year.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If we sign Bennett It'll be just one more attempt by the FO to fix a leaking damn with a piece of bubble gum :moon2:

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

So, he's proved as much as our other WR's...

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

My biggest issue with Drew coming back is that he would take a roster spot away from a player that still has potential. Bennett has no more potential. He topped out, and it's been downhill ever since, and will continue to be so. I would rather keep a guy like Guice on the active roster over Bennett, but if Bennett signs, Guice or another player will be cut with maybe a possibility of going to the practice squad, probably undeservedly. Then we're stuck with Moulds-McCareins III. Even if Bennett could play average for a year or two, I would rather have a sub-average player with great potential to get the chance to fulfill that potential, and gain experience. I know we were deep on the D-Line, but look at what happened with Antonio Johnson.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar