Draft pick watch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jets aren't a factor unless LA wins. The Jets already have a stronger strength of schedule. If they lose, they will still have a stronger SoS. If they win, they obviously will have a better record.

Head to head doesn't matter. Strength of schedule is the tie breaker.

As long as LA loses we will be picking 3, 4, or 5.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fry

Here's how it works.

Per ESPN.

The Titans' season came to a crashing halt upon that unexpected loss to the Jaguars and the broken leg of quarterback Marcus Mariota. But they can gain some consolation from the continuing debacle in Los Angeles. The Rams now have the NFL's longest active losing streak (six), and FPI gives them a 72.9 percent chance of extending it in Week 17 when they host the Cardinals. At the moment, FPI projects the Rams' pick here(#5) and the Titans' own selection at No. 16. The Rams' low strength of schedule means this spot could jump as high as No. 3 if both the Bears and Jaguars win in Week 17.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lots of team clumped up around the 8-7 7-8 mark. What's the highest pick we could end up with after Sunday? 12?

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think the best we could do is 14 but have to look into it more

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I thought the H2H mattered. So even if both LA and NYJ are the only 2 at 4-12, rams would still get #5 based (behind cle/SF/jax/chi) on SOS?

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Fry

Yep. SoS is the only tie breaker. If SoS is the same then I believe it goes to a good old fashions coin toss.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I didn't realize that, thought head to head mattered. Is that only in playoff seeding then?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Lol. I don't know. I haven't needed to look into playoff tie breakers for a while...

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Lol and almost had to this year.

I think 13 or 14 is the best we can do with our pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar