Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

hahahahahahahah, nice! I don't know JC, according to threads on this site, one would think that people believe that way gets you pretty far....it worked for the Lions all those years didn't it? And I am sure that the Seahawks don't value Defense very much either..;-)

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I already answered your question in my post. Move the pick.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

None of us know where draft positioning will be until May really..and if their is a trade (which is likely) it would shake everything up anyway. I understand we have to go BPA at #11, what makes it hard is the amount of needs and holes. Defense is definitely going to be key with new coaching and a change to the 3-4, so I would expect them to make a push to tighten that up, considering they aren't in dying need of as many positions offensively.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

More general posting. A QB or MLB huh? Ok name them. If Mosley is off the board there is not a single MLB worth that pick. None! Who is the QB you want that will likely be there at 11?

You have to have a grasp over who will be there and who is worth drafting that high. You would pass on a stud WR and get a MLB with a 2nd rd grade?

Again the best value where we pick will likely be WR or OT.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

All you say is IF...You act like a complete D bag dude...How did D Thomas do in the Superbowl? Tell me how defense played a part? Not everything is a statistic. Peyton Manning just set a record for completions with 8 friggin points. Do you just come on here to start crap and make guesses about who will be on the board come May? READ my earlier posts..I said if Watkins is there we take him or trade him...Mosley I am betting will be much more available than Watkins, so we are arguing about something that is stupid. I agree you take the BPA, but how can you not take a Mosley (Since Watkins will not be there). Just because you have a team with loaded receviers, doesn't mean you will be automatically successful. McCarthy and Fokou are backups and you're still pushing for an added piece in Watkins who WILL NOT be there for us....If it is Mosley, you take him...If it is an OT, you take him...but to place WR on this team with all of the issues they have is just simply absurd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The last time the Titans were successful was when the Defense was stout. They sign Ray Horton and a couple of pieces, and guess what, they have an identity again and you help take some pressure off of a young QB or a Jake Locker and the team. I guess loading up on Wide Receivers is a smarter idea though, because it worked with Hunter and Wright already, along with Walker at TE and an injured Jake Locker oh so well for this team....

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The way I see it if the big 3 QB's and Barr/Mosley/Mack/ are gone by the time we pick then the biggest impact on our team would be Mike Evans. I don't necessarily want Watkins or Lee because although they are better their mold is really similar to something we already have in Hunter who WILL be better next season. If Evans isn't there then we take the top OT available or the #1 corner who will definitely be there. I know that it feels like when the Lions took all those receivers but we're not Detroit. Kendall and Hunter have already shown us they can play so that affords us the luxury of having Evans not pan out. Luckily we haven't drafted a Mike Williams type receiver since Ruston came on board.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Man, it'd be hard for me to swallow us spending another high pick on a wr, even though I think evens and watkins will be good pros. If the 3 qbs are gone and the top passrushers, I hope we can move the pick to a team who wants that top wr, if we can't then I'd be fine with it.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I know how you feel man. I'm conservative by nature and my mind says take the OT but my heart says get yourself this incredible toy. Mike Evans in the PS4 of wide receivers. Obviously I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up a much needed 3rd or if we're lucky 2nd.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

This is true, I hope we can trade way back and pull off a julio type trade. Get an extra pick this year and next. But, I'm still hoping for that qb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar