Downing Replacement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

C3F88833-DD01-4966-996B-FE0C6CD4A5E0.jpeg

• LOL LOL x 5
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Wait so you are saying I don’t understand basic math while also trying to say that the Bills played 2 divisional round playoff games??

HAHAHAHA the jokes just write themselves.

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

You got me there. I saw someone post the same graphic earlier for the playoffs total. My apologies. You’re right, it was easy to tell by watching that the Titans had the 2nd best offense in the playoffs. Had the best defense. That’s why we lost. That’s why I said all season our offense would get us beat in the playoffs and that’s exactly what happened. We struggled to beat bad teams all season because of Todd Downing and no other reason. That’s why the Titans can never take the next step. Always missing a piece that gets them beat. We had an easy 3rd and 1 and that moron called 2 of the worst plays in history and couldn’t get it. That’s why we aren’t hosting the AFC Championship this weekend. The game was over had we picked it up.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t agree it was solely on Downing. Tannehill did stare down wr too often and waaaay to often threw in double coverage. He has every year he was here, he just got away with it more in the past. Jonnu and Davis did a good job with their catch radius and aggressiveness. NWI does not. I would be interested in seeing how many of Tannehill’s int were intended for NWI. That being said, a ton of the problem was Downing.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Please refrain from these kinds of posts, this is personal opinion and belief.....

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So maybe before you go throwing around insults next time you’ll re read what you are responding to? Let’s hope anyway.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I think the double coverage thing is a result of the staring down his WR’s. You’re right though this hasn’t just been a recent issue. He’s done it often.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I see it as 2 INT on THill, 1 on Downing. the first one, THill throws accurate on time, I think it’s complete.
    Second one, terrible play call in every way never mind Hinton almost read the first of the exact same play call to a pick or at least a knock down.
    Third one, THill didn’t even look at the other open targets (more than 1) and forced the ball in to a guy that couldn’t be more covered.

9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar