Do some of ya'll honestly think... (CJ booed)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bob45x32, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

So our Organization's fans Boo players after they have 2 bad games.

Thats a good look.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Back to back bad games that resulted after a preseason-long holdout and a giant cash in?

Yes... yes I think that is a necessary and sufficient condition for booing somebody. In his past 2 games CJ has rushed for less yards than many RBs rushed for TODAY.

He hurt the team by being selfish. To disagree with that is to be a complete nutriding fanboy.

3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

That 4.2 speed is pretty freaking fast for a yard rushing.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We lost last week because we didn't start clicking until it was too late and CJ didn't have enough time in practice. CJ didn't do well today because the Ravens stacked the box and said hey beat us throwing the ball and we did.

Next week we play the Broncos, that should be a win and CJ should have a good game. CJ's production today shouldn't be a shocker because the plan against us is to stop him and well the Ravens have a good run D.

5. The Playmaker

Speed isn't everything.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Jacksquat AND holding out caused the boos, IMO.

Jacksquat might get you booed.....
    Holding out for "playmaker" money and being a "playmaker" when you come back....probably won't get you booed.

But the combo of holding out and sucking......That will do it!

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

It wasn't just because he had back to back bad games. It was the combination of holding out, not showing up to camp after we said we'd make him the highest paid RB, his demands to be one of the highest paid players, the "fake fans" comment, and then a second straight bad game. I had no problem with him holding out for a richer contract, but I can guarantee you if three of the above things didn't happen and then he had two bad games, we wouldn't have booed him.

And bad game is an understatement, it was very frustrating to watch because every time he got a carry, it was practically a wasted down.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Playmaker

He shouldn't be booed. Players hold out all the time, at least 10 every year easily. It's only been 2 games and 1 was against a very good run defense. Every team thinks that if they stop CJ they win the game, that's every team's focus when playing us. Of course CJ wasn't going to play well last week with hardly any practice and of course he's not going to put up big numbers against the Ravens D. If he sucks against the Broncos then it becomes a problem.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The one thing I did like about what I saw after the booing was, CJ could have easily pulled a VY and completely shut down, but it seemed like he used it as motivation and ran harder and started lowering his shoulder towards the end of the game.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Don't you haters (you know who you are) think you are jumping the gun here?

CJ has had games like these. He had them last year. He had them in '09, the year he ran for 2,000. He started slow both years.

From the mouth of Ray Lewis: “The focus was Chris Johnson and we got after him,” Lewis said. “… They went away from that. They saw that we were really getting after him and they started throwing the ball.”

CJ is going to have good games. He is going to have bad games. And no matter how much money he's making, I'm going to be pulling for him. Some of you are more obsessed with his bank account than he is.

I wonder how many are really hating on him for the "fake Titans fans" comment because you knew he was talking about you. I hope you guys have something good to say about him when he lights it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar