Dillon Radunz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We drafted Radunz to replace someone, but who???

Was he brought in to be our RT

Was he brought in to replace Saffold

My expectation would be that a guy drafted in the 2nd rnd would at least be a starter his 2nd yr

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think the Titans wanted him to grab the RT job and he wasn’t ready. Will he ever be starter material? We are not as good at scouting offensive players as we are defensive players.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think he needs more time but a training camp will help at least determine if he’s ready to be thrown out there as a regular.
    If I remember, he had 1 terrible game and 1 decent game coming in for injuries.

Pending the salary moves, he may be forced to play. I’ll say he has a chance to compete for RT right now, Quesenberry should not be considered the starter going forward at this point.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He came in a small school guy. And not only did he come in as a small school guy, he came in as a small school guy that didn't get to play his last season of college because of COVID.

He looked good against the 49ers. I fully expect him to come in ready to compete and take a starting job at wherever we need him.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

If Saffold gets cut as expected and we don’t re-sign Ben Jones and Quessenberry, we’re looking at an offensive line of Lewan - Radunz - Brewer - Davis - Lamm.

That being said, I think we re-sign Jones and bring in additional competition everywhere.

6. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

Remember Nate Davis wasn't good his rookie season and has now developed into a quality starter. Most people take a year or two to acclimate to the faster, more physical NFL.

Let's give Radunz another year or two before we worry too much about him. As people have said, he's shown promise, but he does have a ways to go.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Saffold is likely gone, yes. Maybe Quess too.
    I’d expect Ben Jones be back.
    Brewer and Lamm are fine depth.
    Radunz likely starts at G or T and we draft or sign the other.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Carp

Carp Starter

He was drafted to play RT, but I believe they envisioned him ideally being a swing tackle. He played extremely well filling in for Lewan against the 49ers. He played LT in college so he maybe he isn't comfortable at RT just yet. I think he'll be solid wherever we play him given time. He's a true mauler in the run game from what I've seen.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

It's weird that Quesenberry is so good at run blocking (one of the best in the league per PFF) and so atrocious at pass blocking (one of the worst graded starters in the league). I don't know that I've ever seen a OL have that wide of a gap between his run blocking and pass blocking game.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t know the answer but there are other positions with similar questions, is it easier to find/replace a run blocker or pass blocker? Or is it really just kind of an equal thing?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar