Did the titans sign Pollard basically as a blocking back because they don’t trust Spears n that role

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Mar 14, 2024.

1. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

In which case, the whole idea that Pollard being a less transparent player in the backfield is a bit of a fallacy.

That is: they know that Pollard is a better blocker and so he will be in that role. And perhaps they don’t want to give spears 200 snaps a season.

I just don’t really know why they decided to sign pollard as I am really interested to see how Spears can do with an increased work load next year.

2. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

This is all I could think of reading that thread title.

IMG_1649.jpeg

But to get to your question; I have to believe it's due to the fact our offense is going to look a lot different and that they want 2 running backs that are serious receiving threats maybe

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I read somewhere that pollard was rated as the second best blocking back in the league in 2022.

4. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Where is this Spears is bad at pass protection coming from??

For me that's his best trait and is excellent at it.

Stats also said he was great at it.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

200 snaps would be a lower workload than he had with Henry.
    If that’s was ever the thought, they don’t have spears as any part of the future.

he had 558 snaps last year and 152 touches between runs and catches.
    I expect to see spears slightly higher than the 53% of offensive snaps from last year, maybe closer to 60%.

6. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

1: Team adds WR and RB because they are good blockers. GoTitans complains we should add guys that can actually run and catch.

2: Team adds guys that can actually run and catch. GoTitans thread about blocking on day 2 of FA.

:cool2:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

So many words in this thread heading
    Not a big epic novel fan

8. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I guess I meant touches (or more specifically) runs.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That's impressive because rookies usually suck at that

10. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I don’t see how he was so great at it. The titans were the worst at pass protection.

he was not good.

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar