Derrick Henry

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by netnut, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If that's the argument people are going to make then I think it would apply to damn near anyone.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

So... is that a yes or a no? Do you think he's better than anyone we have or not? Would he be a tremendous upgrade over what we have or not? I'm talking about Henry, no one else. My opinion is that no one we might be able to sign in FA will be better than what we have at the moment. Forte is the only one I see that might be but he isn't what he was either... Henry imo gives us a future at RB, NOT a stop gap. Isn't that what so many are crying about with many of the guys we've brought in as FA's over the years? Why not grab the best OT possible and a RB that can carry the load?

• Boring Boring x 1
  3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

You think one OT and one RB is going to solve our entire running game? I'm pretty sure we need more than one OL that can improve that area (having decent WRs will help also, but that's for another thread).

We need a stud CB either 1st or 2nd round picks. That would help our defense tremendously. McCourty is not the same and has never been a 'shut down' CB from the get go. If we don't go after a good CB either in FA or the draft, we'll be playing scraps on both sides of the field.

It doesn't matter if Mariota throws 4 TD's every game, we'll still get beat.

4. Fry

You're talking about Henry, I'm talking about damn near every other back being an upgrade. The idea isn't to upgrade over Antonio Andrews and David Cobb, the idea is to find someone who can tote the rock consistently. That ain't Henry, unless you want 29 carries of getting whatever is blocked and then a gaping hole where he takes it to the house.

We don't even know what type of offense we're going to be running come February. Everyone getting in a tizzy over taking an I-formation back when we have a QB who excels in the shotgun/spread.

And no one seems to be worried about the workload Henry is taking on right now. Dude will probably eclipse 400 carries if Bama makes it past MSU. Through 13 games Henry has 71 more carries than any back in the NFL after the same amount of games. Craziness.

#54 Fry, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Who Sankey?......

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I've always been of the mind that you can take a serviceable RB with a good OL and do well enough to keep defenses honest and wind games. I'll take picking an OL player over a RB that is going to get stuffed in the backfield every down they tote the rock. No matter how athletic or powerful Derrick Henry is, he is going going no where with the OL we have now, even if we were to take a LT in the 1st and Henry is an option in the 2nd. CB in the 1st and get an OL in the 3rd or 4th.

7. Titan/Oiler34

I think it's a good start in fixing the running game. Move Lewan to RT where imo he actually played better than he is at LT. The saying goes and is true, the best friend to a young quarterback is a good run game. Yes of course there is more that needs to be done and if we can find a WR who can stay healthy that would also help. Pretty sure DGB has already done more than I expected out of him after is 1 1/2 yrs off the field.

8. Titan/Oiler34

Then
    You obviously haven't watched Henry play, if that's what you you think lmao. Either that or you're being blatantly ignorant. What you evidently aren't seeing is the personal we have vs the personal we need... we have the personal to run an I formation or have you forgotten Fowler?... if you watch Alabama you might see they run the ball ALOT out of the shotgun AND they also line up and play big boy football in the I. We have 2 scat backs and 2 supposed power backs... where's our run game?

Look, there are plenty of holes on this team C, OG, OT, NT, MLB, CB SS, FS, RB, WR... the only thing I actually agree with you on is thst we don't know who the next coach is or what systems they will install. But saying Henry can't run out of the shotgun formation or that out of 30 runs he only gets 1 good one... as I said, you are obviously not watching any Alabama football. If my opinions bore you, DON'T REPLY.

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm of the opinion that if we could win our blocks consistently, Andrews and Cobb can consistently get positive gains with occasional big plays.

I think Henry would be a slight upgrade that doesn't really change how teams play us.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Fry

We have a lot of personal problems...

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar