Derrick Henry MVP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

last i checked he was like 500 yards less than Watson, who's #1 in yards.. which tells me his TD count is full of short yardage nonsense.. doesn't impress me

2027 yards / 17 TDs
    3 games over 200 yards in 1 season is legit (all vs division opponents too)
    2 walkoff TDs in overtime to seal victories
    stiff arms out the ass
    all done with 4th string OL

more impressive than inflated TD totals

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If I was the guy that you needed to sell this to, I'm in. But I'm not.

Unfortunately the MVP award has moved away from "most valuable player" to MVQ or at least "best QB".
    A-Aron has also had a solid D all season to work with which does play into the overall TD factors.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So if Rodgers had 31 more yards per game you'd be a believer? That's the difference of 500 yards/16 games.

That's stupid.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Didn't really think about it but also, that "short yardage nonsense" worked for the MVP last year.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Henry had a legendary season, unfortunately that isn't going to win the mvp this season. It really has become the best qb award but really thats what it should be. Take Henry off the titans, replace him with an average running back, titans still have a shot at the playoffs. Take arod of the Packers and replace him with an average qb and the Packers are probably picking top 5.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

You think our play action game would be as good as it is without Henry? Or how Tanne gets wide open sneaks. An average RB wouldn't demand 8 in the box, leaving our WRs 1v1 to make a play

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I understand all that, I'm not trying to discredit Henry. However, Aaron Rodgers is worth more than Derrick henry is. It's just what it is. You could make the argument that Henry is the more important non-qb in the nfl for sure

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Henry will finish back-to-back seasons as both the rushing and touchdown king.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Long live the King. Favourite titan ever

10. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Have you watched any of the games where Henry was shut down? Offense was non existent and Tannenhill didn’t do much at all. Take Henry off this team Titans would probably be picking top 5 or 10 the offense is built around him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar