Derrick Henry MVP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

For me CJ vs EG is a no brainer, it's EG.

EG was the leader who put the team first, CJ was the player who got paid and the effort went downhill.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I'd put the rams in that group too, but still think the titans have the best 4.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

To be fair the life expectancy of an NFL RB is about 5 years of prime. CJ had 1 crazy historical season and then the rest of his time with the Titans was pretty much the same type year. I don’t think in my opinion that he quit after he got paid, the Titans were just pretty bad. We had no offensive direction except waiting on him to break one. We had a QB carousel and a head coach who wasn’t very good at being a head coach. Munchak was bad. We came to expect 2000 yards from CJ when in reality he was a 1000 - 1200 yard per year kinda back. He just had that freakish historic year. He shouldn’t have ever been an every down back. Man would he would be good as a complimentary back to Henry right now. Maybe Evans can be that.

I take Steady Eddie over CJ.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Marcus Allen is one of the most overrated football players in the history of the NFL. Talk about Eddie George not belonging in the HOF but the Hall of very Good. Marcus Allen belongs in the Hall of I played a long time in the NFL and had 1 great season. 16 seasons and broke 1000 yards only 3 times. His average season season was 775 yards per. In a time when they ran more,

If Marcus is in, Eddie for sure should be in.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Allen got in off the success of his first four seasons. During that timeframe he won a superbowl (where he was the MVP) and had a 1700 yard rushing season where he won OPOY and NFL MVP.

After those first four seasons....crickets....except for his feud with Al Davis

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Eddie may have never won a SB but he was the leader of this team during his time as a Titan/Oiler.
    In the SB vs the Rams he showed alot of heart and how this team needed him along with Mac9.

He deserves to be in the HOF, imo its more than just stats and rings.

Good point about Marcus Allen @TitanMark

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Thank you... I’m right every blue moon or so.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

At least you admit it

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Sure I am ... I’m not scared to have an opinion and then be wrong and then admit it, It’s how you learn and I can assure you that none of us in this forum know it all. Some of us are older and wiser and our opinions even if wrong come with more depth. But none of us has all the answers.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

TD's matter and so do SB rings. That's my exact knock on EG is that he didn't get enough TD and that he had no SB rings. Allen is more than 2:1 TD over EG. 144 total to 72?.

You also point out running the ball more but Allen still reached 10K (albeit over a long career) but not always as the featured back so his team split carries a lot. Bo Jackson in Oakland, Christian Okoye, Barry Word in KC.

Longevity is kind of my argument that Frank Gore isn't a shoe in although he's #3 all time.

#190 HurrayTitans!, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar