DeMarco Murray traded to Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

i just think we're set at RB now

yes we could stand to upgrade RB2 and beyond but we literally have too many holes to be picky.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Walldaprince

Walldaprince Rookie

OMG WE GOT SOMEONE IN FRONT OFFICE WHO KNOWS WHAT HES DOING...LOL GREAT JOB JR

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Point is, this is a win win deal. We gave up the value of a 5th round pick but they got to move up in the fourth rnd to get a better player in the draft. We got Murray on a solid looking deal (haven't got all the details yet but...) so, IF we can rebuild the OL, it SHOULD pay dividends.

Only big concern right now is what Jags and texans are doing. Jags already got Malik and now going after Vernon. Then they could get Bosa, Ramsey, or Myles Jack so that D may be no joke by the time free agency and the draft are done. Texans might actually get Osweiller and beef up their team pretty well too. We better fix that OL because I think both of these D's will be stacked in the front 7!!!

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- I think it was an impressive move, just not to the degree that others do. Murray has been frequently injured- that bothers me and I have a feeling he'd have been cut at some point. I like the move, I just don't think it was a "genius" move.

He's making good moves. The Ben Jones was a good move. Division opponent lost a versatile lineman, we pick one up reasonable.

If he trades out of the #1 pick and we still get a top 3 pick, then you'll hear me sing his praises loud. I just know it's going to take some big balls to make it happen- something Webster never could do. Webster was all raisins.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When you say trading out of the top spot and still getting a top 3 pick do you mean striking a deal with CLE or SD? Or that we get a top 3 player?

Don't see a deal with CLE or SD.

7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I don't Malik is worth what the Jags are giving him. I like him because of his ties to UT, but I think he looks better than what he is because of the rest of Denver D.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

AFCS could be pretty interesting this year. Colts dominance has been soley based on the fact that this division has been terrible for many years. When ever they play outside of the division, they are good for about a 0.500 record.

It appears that Titans, and Jags are on the ups (both with good young QBs, and starting to build teams around them) and Colts seem to be on a downward trend. They won't be able to bank on going 6-0 in the division anymore.

The division could be had with an 8-8 to 9-7 record again this year because the division teams may be more competitive with each other, not allowing 1 team to run away with it by getting all of the division wins.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wouldn't have grabbed him pre-Murray, so you're asking the wrong guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

True, he got a total of 5 sacks last year on a stacked D ... do the Jags think they will get more production from him on a lesser D? Because even if he matches his 5 sacks, is that really worth $15M per year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar