Delanie's Injury help

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ckk0813, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckk0813

ckk0813 ECU Pirate

Just thoughts on if his injury helps with distributing the ball better. He has always been MM8's goto. Corey may not have been much of a factor if delanie is active. Maybe its the coaching but i think mm8s progressions end much faster if delanie is out there. Not a bash on Delanie but maybe a season off isnt the worst thing that could happen.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Nah

Nothing good comes from losing Walker. Appreciate the effort to polish that turd, but nah.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We saw that last week.

Smith dropped a gimmie third down after being pegged in the chest.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Smith hasn’t done chit. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Firkser brought up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I get struggling with blocking, but you gotta catch passes like that. That is where we missed Walker, those 15+ yard completions in the middle of the field. We don’t have anyone that can get across the middle right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

In one sense only, it will take Mariota's security blanket away and FORCE him to rely a bit more on the wr's and the playcalling will drift that way too...but they can always make up for it a bit with throws to Lewis as the security blanket.

I do think with or without Delanie that we would see more of this development between Mariota and Davis. Davis and Mariota both were not fully healthy last year and got the opportunity to really work together this off-season. Davis is much more comfortable and looks like he has grown into the #1 WR role and Mariota showed us all what he can be in this offense (even more if our wr's don't drop a few big catches)! They are coming together at the perfect time.

But you never want one of your best players to be hurt and out for the season! Walker is a playmaker. Look at how KC imploded when they lost their dynamic TE in the playoff game last year. Walker is a difference maker. Only good thing is...LaFleur's playcalling is light years ahead of Mularkey's!

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. ckk0813

ckk0813 ECU Pirate

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's a no for me, dog

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Jonnu is kind of like our other receivers. Young, fast as hell, and can't catch. I liked him, knew the hands were rough but that improves for everyone in NFL. But he looks a bit overwhelmed in the passing game, even when he makes a catch, he looks a bit unsettled and timid. The Buffalo LBs are apparently struggling in TE coverage, maybe we can build his confidence some. He's come up big on some conversions late in some of our games, and I recall him catching a game winning hail Mary in college, so I don't think he's got horrible unpredictable hands, just issues with focus drops that should be overcome in time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar