Delanie Walker vs. Erik Walden, Take 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Just a few weeks ago, Titans tight end Delanie Walker had his helmet ripped off, and then was head-butted in the face.

The man who did the head-butting – Colts linebacker Erik Walden – ended up being suspended for a game, which costs him $176,000.

Needless to say, neither player should expect a warm embrace on Sunday in Indianapolis when they meet again.

“I expect a battle. He just lost ($176,000) because of me, so I expect a fierce battle, and you should expect it, too,’’ Walker said. “It’s gong to be pretty good competition and I am pretty sure it is going to get a little heated. But we are going to try and stay inside the rules and play football.”

Walker was steaming mad after the team’s Nov. 14 game.

Walden, who played at Middle Tennessee State, lost his cool in that game and went after Walker. Officials didn’t see his head-butt of Walker, which kept him from being ejected on the spot. But after NFL officials reviewed the play, Walden received a suspension. He said out last week against the Cardinals.

Walker said after the first game, won by the Colts, he could hardly wait to see Walden again.

“I whupped on him the whole game, and I’m going to whup on him again in two weeks,” Walker said then. “We are not cool. That type of stuff doesn’t belong in the NFL.”

Walden said this week his biggest regret had nothing to do with the fine. He said he was mainly disappointed he couldn’t be out there for his teammates last week in Arizona.

He wasn’t expecting retaliation from Walker, who had a career-high 10 catches for 91 yards against the Colts in the first game.

“Absolutely not, man. I guess that was his way of expressing himself – talking. You lost the game and you got head-butted, so that’s his mentality,’’ Walden said. “I’m over it. I’m past it. We’re trying to win a game and go get that eight wins.”

Walden vowed not to lose his cool again.

So will Walker be on his best behavior on Sunday?

“I am going to play nice between the whistle,’’ he said with a smile. “But it is football. I don’t know how nice you can get.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I hope Walker knocks him out #Sharkeisha style

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I hope Walker blows the guy's legs up. I don't even give a ****.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Walker owned that man 2 weeks ago, he'll have another great game thanks to this scrub

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

bring back haynesworth to do the dirty work, have him stomp the F out of him! we need walker to play the next few weeks so who gives a sh** if haynesworth came back for one game to do that!

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

WOW, and this ****er got a whole one game, JUST AS MANY AS GRIFF. Now I'm ****ing pissed, more so than I was before. Someone chop block this ***** and break his leg, then do the same to luck. Hell, do it to TY Hilton while you're at it, I'm up against him and luck in FF this week. Do it in the first though please Titans, kthxbye

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

You want to get this guy .....This is how we do it ....

YOU GO OUT AND RUN UP THE SCORE ON THESE MUTHER FUKKERS...at there own house..

EMBARASS THOSE JACK AZZES AND BURY LUCK...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Except we would get up by two TD's, then go to prevent D and conservative 3 and out offense. We don't run the score up on anyone intentionally...

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Delanie is out.

Why??

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Concussion symptoms.

He got nailed and we got screwed on a catch. Double loss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar