David Stern is going off on the NBA

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Stern tried some weak excuse.

CP3 is apparently pretty pissed about it. I hope he takes legal action. He and the Hornets.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Stern is the reason NBA isn't the most popular brand in the world.. he had Michael Jordan at one point who was the most popular athlete in the world.. now look at the sport? its been on a steady decline ever since.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The game is boring as snot. Nobody can shoot and you only need to watch the last 3 mins. The other 45mins the players are going thru the motions.

PO NBA used to be good though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Used to be?

You obviously missed this last playoffs. Best it's been in quite a while.

Shooting isn't the problem I don't think. Defense is.

or lack thereof. Teams can't play D without the whistles being blown. That and certain players not having to dribble (Lebron).

But watch the NFL... going to see the same thing. Teams wont be able to play defense and interest is going to be lost eventually if Goodell keeps this up.

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Yeah, watching the Mavericks was a blast. So many great come backs over these past playoffs. Not to mention the ultimate Good vs. Evil showdown there at the end, with Good prevailing.

Also, it was my understanding that the trade was stopped because the NBA owned the Hornets, and that Stern didn't have much of anything to do with it.

Personally, I don't mind GMs doing their jobs and making moves to build a great team. I just think it's pathetic with players get together and decide to go to one team during free agency so they can win. Doesn't get much more scummy than that.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I admit I have not watched NBA in a long time.

When they start wearing shorts again Ill possibly give it another try

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Good analogy. I agree. NBA players don't play defense until the playoffs. Sometimes. Guys like Mike D'Antoni are the problem and guys like Pat Riley were the elixer

8. Deuce Wayne

Indeed. It's not like they just forget how to play D and get lazy. They want to compete.

But you'll get fouled out within a quarter if you D someone up well.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dan Gilbert apparently had the issue and Stern took it from there

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

GoT is right. The players do go through the motions for 40 something minutes then turn it on during the last moments. Which is why 82 games is stupid. I think this shortened season is going to result in some more intense games.

As for Stern blocking that trade, GOOD!

The reason I say this is because in the NFL, every team has talent, not the case with the NBA. 9 out of 10 games are boring as chit to watch, so by keeping CP3 in NO for now, it means they'll be almost decent. I don't even want to imagine a Hornets team without CP3. I can recall NO being pretty good not long ago, what, Paul got tired and is ready to walk out on his team? That's lame. All these guys linking up with their boys is bad for the NBA.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar