David Beckham to MLS... Will you watch?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I watch a game on occassion, and this will probably pick up a little interest. It's a great thing for US soccer, which needs more attention. I hope we see an increase in quality for the next few world cups.

3. BigRed3

A lot of people will say that it doesn't change anything because Beckham is an over the hill star. But in the 70's when Pele was acquired, despite being "past his prime", he actually energized the sport in America... too bad it didn't last.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I am a DC united Fan. The league still has some star power with Adu and Beckham.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

They recruited the wrong position if they want a star. Beckham won't score a lot of goals and won't even touch the ball a lot. He has only ever been effective when he plays wie on the right and has a strong stiker or two for him to feed. The money would have been better spent getting an "over the hill" star like Ronaldo who uneducated fans could still associate with his ability to score goals.

In a good team, Beckham is an excellent cog. In a bad team his skill is wasted.

6. Ronaldo's fat and useless now...

£128 million is huge, he says he wants to make the sport more popular, as the U.S are the only country which haven't got into the whole rest of the ''world'' thing...

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Ronaldo is the all time leading scorer in the world cup. I don't know why he is not considered as such. It's not like Maradonna wasn't fat either. Ronaldo should be a soccer god. Where is all the hate coming from. He also contibuted to Brazil in the last world cup by scoring a few goals. He has 15 or so world cup goals and no equal. I don't get it. Especially when Ronaldhino had only one assist in the world cup, but is hailed as the greatest soccer player in the world. Makes no sense to me. Ronaldo should get more love.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I like Beckham & I think he'll be an awesome ambassador for the sport in the US

9. BigRed3

If not, at least he and Posh Spice will be in People Magazine every week

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

soccer....that's when they kick the ball, right? :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar