Dallas Turner

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Turner showed off his freakish abilities at the combine... his 1.54 10 yd split is amazing ... faster than TJ Watt, N Bosa, Garrett, Reddick...his 34 3/8 inch arms are what you are hoping a 300lb OT will have.

In mocks he is often going to the falcons at #8... Is he a guy that other teams would try to jump the Falcons to get? Will we show interest in Turner and try to get the Falcons to give us something to just flip picks with them?

I watched the Bama/Geogia game last night focusing on Turner and honestly I was underwhelmed with his effort during a bunch of plays. Not sure whether he was playing the scheme as he was coached or was just lazy, but rarely would he even try to be in on a run that went away from him.

Dude is a freak and if he actually has a high motor then can't say I would be pissed if we got the next impact edge rusher

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

There is a lot of smoke here with the Titans and them drafting Turner. I know a lot of Titans fans won't like it, but if Alt is off the board, I actually think Turner is the pick if they can't trade out.

Oline was such a huge issue last year, I would still prefer to take Fashanu or Fuaga in that situation, but I'm just saying now, don't be surprised if Turner is drafted. DE is a bigger need than we may think.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

As a Bama fan, I’ll pass on Turner at 7. I really think his ceiling is more as a rotational guy than an every down player. Not worth that high of a pick.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they are all rotational

60 40... some are 60%ers others are 40%ers

but they all rotate heavily

5. Carp

Carp Starter

I wasn't super impressed with Turned in college. Hard pass here. Take Alt, MHII, Nabers, or trade down.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah agree with not being too impressed with him. I remember seeing him mocked in the top 3 late in the season, therefore I would tune in on him to see if he was worthy of going that high and I just didn't see it. Will Anderson was a game wrecker and was definitely worth getting picked as high as he did, but Turner just wasn't as impressive.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

I do like Turner. But edge is about 3rd down the list of needs. And Turner simply isn't elite in terms of draft prospects from recent years. I certainly don't view him much, if any, better than Verse or Latu. Drafting any of them at 7, with our OL still not fixed would be a big mistake, imo.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If it was Bootstrap Bill Turner then I’m in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar