Culpepper retires!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

After only 9 years in the league and after only 5 seasons as a full time starter.

His demise from an elite top 10 QB with MVP type numbers in 2004 to a journeyman backup has been stunning. He is only 31 years and 8 months old!

Culpepper in 2004

111 passing rating

39tds 11 ints

4700+ yards passing

406 yards rushing

One of the best seasons a QB ever had it just came in a year when manning and mcfadden lit it up in a similar way and manning broke the TD pass record.

His average passing rating in the 3 years since was 76. Wow!

He turned down good money offers to be a backup in pittsburgh or greenbay but chose to walk instead.

I wish him well..

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Damn, that sucks... I've always liked Pep.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we try to trade for him (instead of drafting Vince) but he chose to go to the Dolphins instead? Man am I glad we didn't get him.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Using 20/20 hindsight we should have got drew brees and used the pick to draft AJ hawk. :lol:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is a positive about culpepper's retirement.

He must have taken care of his money.

He could make $1M a year in the veteran kerry collins role and much more by playing well but is financially able to avoid that. The steelers wanted him over leftwich but he was to proud to have no chance to start.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He was never the same after his knee got torn up. Also, he played on crummy teams after he left the Vikes. He would have been a good QB for the Bears to get.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I too thought/think he could start for a bunch of teams in the NFL. It's too bad he choose to retire because he still has it. Watching him play for the Raiders his arm still has it and although he's not the old scrambler he was, he is definitely not immobile.

I'll go out on a limb and say he will be back. Just a guess.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If someone goes down in the first few weeks, he may get a call.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He keeps talking about how he doesn;t want to have to wait for that call. I bet Carolina would be really interested in him, if/when Delhomme goes down.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Madden Curse Strikes Again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar