Cowboys plan to release Dez Bryant after draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

He's a name and he was good.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Lol right?!

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

That's why certain players are wanted by fans, in my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I'd be fine with getting him at the right price if he's released. He's no longer a #1 WR but he'd be worth a prove it deal as a #2 or #3 option imo. He had a significant leg injury similar to Marcus a couple of years ago and he might get some of his lost speed back with more time, though admittedly this is less likely than I'd like it to be. IF he can get to 90% of his previous ability he'd be an important addition and 80% of what he was would still be something opposing teams aren't able to ignore as well. Dez is going to have to adapt regardless and changing to using his size to his advantage more in a way similar to Hopkins would be a good way to operate as he's lost speed.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think he can still be the top WR if you want him to be

We dont need all that with Davis coming up tho

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

3 year deal still in his prime. let's get him. all you guys saying how he's on the down slope of his career and that he's past his prime did you know he had more yards than our top receiver last year (Matthews) and even had more yards than Walker? I don't understand this hype about any of our receivers when all they do is get 200-400 yards per year. Can we face reality and realize that Dez Bryant is still a top 25 receiver in the league and our receivers are the laughing stock of the NFL? Let's call a spade a spade here guys. We still need WR help when the top receiver is a tight end and our top 5 WR pick can't even get a touchdown.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Folks thought on Tay Tay is they liked him coming out of college.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

In other words, your take is we still need a WR, Bryant is out there, fix the hole?

A team doesn’t get enough draft picks to pick a #5 WR and be wrong. Every player gets older and younger players enter the league. Rather than already assume Davis is a bust and not capable of being dez Bryant, give him a year or two (healthy preferably) and fix the other issues.
    Spending effort and money on a non necessary position only limits fixing the other issues on the team.
    It may very well be that Tennessee needs a WR, but right now, this team’s looks alright there, just another depth WR needs added.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’d also argue dez Bryant is not showing he’s in his prime.
    Last 3 years:
    9, 13, 16 games.

31 for 401 and 3 TD
    50 for 796 and 8 TD
    69 for 838 and 6 TD

Seems like a RZ threat but well down from his previous 3 years which is what is going to get him a big contract somewhere.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

WAS is the optimal word here.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar