Could Potential Foles To Jags Be Good For Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So there is a LOT of speculation out there that Nick Foles could find himself re-teaming with Defilipo in Jacksonville this upcoming season. Let's talk for a second about what that could mean.

First let's talk weapons. Eagles have em, the Jags do not. Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, Zac Ertz, Dallas Goedert, Jordan Mathews and Nelson Agholor are LIGHT YEARS better than Dede Westbrook, Donte Montcreif, DJ Charke and Keenan Cole. The thought of Foles being able to repeat what he did offensively in Philadelphia down in Jacksonville is wishful thinking at best. Add to the mix the dis-functionality caused by Fournette and Yeldon and I could see it being a long year for poor Nick.

Next lets talk about the impact his 20 million dollar/ year contract would have on the cap strapped Jags. They already will likely have to dump Malik Jackson, Tashaun Gipson, Jeremy Parnell, Carlos Hyde and Austin Sefarian - Jenkins just to get UNDER the cap. But to add Foles contract, they'd almost certainly have to jettison Calais Campbell or Marcel Dareus or more likely... both. You're talking about losing arguably their best offensive tackle, their best tight end, their best safety, their best TWO interior defenders and their best pass rusher in one off season.

Part of me really hopes they go for Foles.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nick Foles isnt Nick Foles once he leaves Philly so I wouldn't worry much if he were a Jag. Question is where do they find the money to pay a Nick Foles type.....

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah, Nick Foles found some magic in Philly, but hasn't been good anywhere else. There is a reason he has spent this much time as a backup.

So yeah, Jags blowing their wad on him and having to give up a lot of their players could be a good thing I suppose.

Honestly, I'm not that worried about the jags. They had 1 good season, which was a complete anomaly. They are a trash tier team, and reverted back to form this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

You mean he wasn’t good those couple years with fisher lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Blaming the coach? Thought that wasn't a legit reason?

Foles sucks outside of Philly.

• LOL LOL x 4
  6. 520

He spent most of his career there lol. And been pretty dang good most of that time. Not like he’s a one season wonder

7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

You left out Marqise Lee. Also, yeldon is gone and fournette might be. Hyde could be their starter.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

You don't build through Free Agency.

We see this too often, a team grab Free Agents to rebuild with... then the expected crumble afterwards.

9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

He's going to blow up !
    The trend in this board when discussing the divs other qbs has been "wishful" thinking at best.
    Examples: D. Watson. All I read here was how he wouldn't be a good QB because "reasons" , when actually he has been what we hoped M.M.8 would be.
    A.Luck: Myself and many thought that he was done because of the missed time and the shoulder , he ends up 2nd in the league in TD passes and scares the hell out our team to the point that they bend over as soons as the game begins.
    B Bortles: Every time I hear that name it reminds me of the 2016 week 16 game. He blew up on us , because of him the game was over before M.M.8 broke his leg. BUT luckily he hasn't replicated that kind of game aginst us.

If ... If N. Foles does join the jags with a OC that knows his strengths and weaknesses means that he'll be a bad pick up only because he'll be playing for the jags, yup that is what makes sense on our board.

At the end of the day , we have been wrong when it comes to discussing the divs other QB's. If the jags do upgrade to N. Foles , then that'll leave us with the divs worst QB situation ...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 520

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar