Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

oh man here we go again ...

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

These arguments are gong to happen forever until there is some sort of playoff. It sucks that there is NOTHING anyone can do to get a playoff. Nothing. I mean, the dang President ELECT said he wants a playoff, and people are shrugging it off.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The Ole Miss game is exactly why I didn't want Leach. I just don't think that offense would work against good, fast defenses. Especially since Leach doesn't make in game adjustments. As far as Ole Miss, Ed Orgeron wasn't a very HC but you could see how good of a recruiter he was, especially the big uglies, and now he is on Kiffin's staff. Meanwhile, Kiffin is trying to get Rodney Garner to join the staff as well. Now we will have to see how the team does, but so far Kiffin has put together one of the best staffs around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Garner looks like a done deal...according to those in the know. Now, it's onto Billy Gonzales for Kiff.

The "Who's Who Amongst College Recruiters" will have their annual meetings in Knoxville for the next couple of years.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I don't think it is a done deal. Garner apparently going to mull it over. Either way he is richer. Reminds me of Orgeron deal. It was rumored for a long while that he was coming to UT, but then heard all kinds of things. I'll wait until it is official before I get too excited.....

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Yep, obviously was far from done. He's supposedly staying at UGA because he would have had to switch to coaching offense if he came to Knoxville.

Personally, I think he saw a golden opportunity to steal some extra cash from the Dawgs and did so nicely. His loss though. Georgia's loaded with talent every year but will never win anything. Win or not, at least he would've been able to coach with some all-stars on the hill.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Oklahoma did throw 60 up on them. And how could they have hung 60? I don't remember them calling off the dogs.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Rebs scored 47 while missing a FG, fumbling deep in Tech territory and ending the game on the Tech 5-yard line. I'm going mainly from a memory of someone who watched 12 bowl games in the last month but it looked to me that it could have been 60 or more if they had wanted it.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Gotta love Kiffin going after these coaches though. Garner would have been nice, but while outstanding recruiter, not sure the best position coach. Can't blame him for wanting to better his life though. Apparently he contacted UT.

Hearing that Kiffin has talked to former MSU coach Croom and he will try to get UF's top recruiter Billy Gonzolas, so we shall see....

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

For those that question the SEC's speed: See how Utah, Iowa, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and DUKE handled it.
    All powerhouses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar