Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VondyP, Mar 11, 2020.

?

How worried about Coronavirus are you?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2020.
  1. Very Worried

9.4%
  2. Moderately Concerned

37.5%
  3. Not Worried

34.4%
  4. Hoaxing Hoaxers gonna Hoax

18.8%
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Oh man... Waffle House has temporarily closed several hundred locations.

**** just got real.

• LOL LOL x 3
  2. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

Our closed down like a month ago from the food inspection ppl. Guess they had roach infestation

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Pro Bowler

But it is hypothetical because you’re already starting with a piece that doesn’t happen with any of the other diseases that we coexist with all the time.
    This disease infecting 1/3 of the country far surpasses every other disease by leaps and bounds which in its entirety makes this hypothetical. You say “only 1/3” like any other sickness has ever reached that kind of number.

on a global scale, millions is definitely possible just by comparison of the already existing illnesses that do the same, didn’t look into how many people die globally from from everything else but I still haven’t seen any numbers to truly back up that this is in fact a worse illness than many of the other existing viruses (as far as contraction/death vice the actual virus symptoms. I know this is worse than the flu going by effects)
    1 piece still being looked into, certainly not confirmed, is the rate of spreading because of the limited knowledge on how it’s spreading. There are so many other variables in play with that including the fact they only “discovered” how it was being spread like 3 weeks ago(?). I know the first concern and assumption was it was airborne, (lot of conflicting stories and such) but I recall reading the CDC confirmed it is NOT airborne but through droplets.

for the unfortunate less developed countries, this is the same story different disease. I agree with global travel limitations.
    I even agree with temporary limitations domestically as they continue research, but with the current numbers, I see the domestic side as overly cautious which has certainly effected other things (economy/daily living) to a likely higher concern than the possible spreading of this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Pro Bowler

That sucks. If he’s waiting for this to entirely stop spreading, CA will be on lockdown forever.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Did one of y’all infect SB with COVID? I want to be able to go back to SB and see avvie talk about religion.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. 8and8

8and8 Starter

It really is still a guessing game. Statistically, to make your best educated guess on mortality rate, you’d want to look at who has tested the largest portion of their population. That right now is South Korea who is right around 1% mortality. Safely assuming they have not tested everyone who was infected, 1% may be the high end of the scale. Obviously there are plenty of factors that can influence the mortality rate, but statistically speaking, South Korea should be the most accurate given the percentage of their population that has been tested.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Shout Box got the Rona!?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

shoutbox HOAXED

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Probably thaky

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Here, lemme help you out:

Project Blitz - Wikipedia

I should probably @Laz and @Statz916 and maybe even @Alzarius with this one.

• Troll Troll x 1
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar