Corey Dillon to visit next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If Dillion signs might we expect Eddie George to surface in the news... with I don't know, a self inflicted gun shot wound? Is it just me or do George and Dillion seem to be rivals? They are in my mind for some reason. I'm sure it dates back to the old AFC Central... They were both making alot of noise at the same time... but Dillon can still market himself... here of all places... I know George loses sleep over the Tennessee situation. There is no way that doesn't haunt him. It would me. Not saying I'd blow my head off... but I never won a Heisman either.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Eddie loves us. I was listening to him call some preseason games and he'd always throw in the extra "oh when I was there" "back in my days as a titan" "yeah when I was here" and a buch of other things like that. I could see him getting mad at the Dillion signing if it happens.

I hope we sign Eddie back at some point so he can officialy retire.

3. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

I hope the Titans sign Corey Dillon, and trade a 3rd rounder for Darrell Jackson. because we do need a big time WR. Use our first two picks on D, and our 4th on a change of pace RB.

4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

The only REAL solution here is to sign Dillon. He will make our team better than it is today. That's not debatable. Like others have said, I'd rather have Turner (he'd be awesome here,) but the present price tag is way too steep, IMO.

It'd be a big gamble to pass on Corey, & hope that we can talk SD down in price for Turner's services while still outbidding the four or five other teams that want him!

SIGN DILLON & move on! Draft a receiver.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's really surprising coming from the guy who insists we draft Ted Ginn with our first pick.

On another note, I wonder what the Dolphins would take for a shot at Ricky Williams?

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

This isn't really a con. If we sign him, which I hope we do, all we want him to do is help LenDale learn and add security for our run game until LenDale can hold it down himself. We have our long term solution, who ever we bring in is only going to be a short term solution.

I've said this all along, but Dillon is the perfect guy to help LenDale.

I hope this year when it's 3rd and inches or when we're on the goal line, that I see Dillon 5 yards behind Young.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who ?
    White?
    how you figure ?

alot of people thought Chris Brown was the long-term solution
    so much so that we released Eddie

and so far this offseason names like
    Dillon
    McGahee
    JuJo
    Turner
    Lynch
    have come up

why would we be in the hunt for a guy like Michael Turner if our long-term solution were already in place ?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

his draft status and the release of Henry

Eddie was cut for pay reasons.

We are also looking at Brown to be re-signed and Maurice Hicks. They suggest, along with Dillon, a back up role to LenDale.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we offered Eddie a deal
    Dallas' offer was only shades higher

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

alot of people dont wanna believe it but releasing eddie hurt the team in more ways then just one. we woulda won alot more games wth him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar