Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I just did. It's called having patience. If you would prefer a guy with an okay rookie year over one who becomes one of the best receivers in the league, then good for you. I'd actually prefer to see what these guys become . Especially when they dump the QB butcherer and hire a guy who understands a modern passing offense.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You got all that from me putting 1st year production of our last 5 drafted WRs?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hammy Davis, jr only has one way to go....UP!

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I had to pick A but I’m a little concerned. He is undoubtedly talented, only thing that could ruin him is injuries . He seems sensitive too, wouldn’t want to see him suffer thru that.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The truth is, we have no idea. Vrabel tells us nothing. He could be overly cautious about the slightest aggravations.

Davis was recognized with an award by the staff for the work that he put in during the off-season. He's clearly valued by the coaching staff and players alike. Logan Ryan wasn't reserved about his expectations for him.

Missing practice time is an issue. He's a natural talent in every way imaginable, but not a natural receiver. He's a thinker, he needs reps to get the technical stuff down so that he can play. Which is why he makes great catches followed by simple drops, and can blow by an entire defense with the ball in his hands, but doesn't always separate like he has the ability to, and seems soft in contested catch situations then leaps over a guy to snag a ball during the following rep.

It will all come together. He'll be awesome and you all will look stupid.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Overrated bust, just like Marcus

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm still extremely excited about him but he's gotta get on the field

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

CD seems to be babied more than a QB!
    1. Great practice - rewarded with day off from practice
    2. Fell awkwardly in practice, scared he's hurt - day off from practice
    3. Well rested - cant hurt to rest more so day off from practice
    4. Ate a huge dinner - needs time to digest so day off from practice
    5. Lost to Adoree playing Madden - need him mental there so day off from practice

Sheeeeeesh!

• LOL LOL x 4
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Stupid like Dodd.

Now I’m not out on Davis. I agree it’s way early to write him off. But it is perfectly reasonaable to start considering him soft if he can’t get more practice reps in. He’s inconsistent like last year. And it doesn’t matter how much natural talent he has if he isn’t playing or mastering his responsibilities. So his arrow is sideways until he actually does something.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I never said that Dodd was guaranteed to be a great player. But Davis is.

I'm a fan, and cheer for any of the guys who we have. People are hard on Davis simply for the fact that he was a #5 pick. It was not a top-heavy draft class; Lattimore is great, but that's about it. Our CBs aren't exactly a concern at the time, anyway.

Even above average to good WRs are making elite defender money in this age, so knocking us for drafting a WR high isn't a valid criticism, as is a common draft misconception. Davis is working as hard as humanly possible, or else they wouldn't be honoring him with awards or time off. You may not know it, but he's mentally tougher than you and me combined to get to the point where he is now, so he takes his responsibilities very seriously...

• WTF?! WTF?! x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar