Corey Davis opinion poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What do you think about Corey Davis

Poll closed Aug 17, 2018.
  1. Amazing Talent, will overcome this history of injuries and be a great #1 receiver

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Amazing Talent, injury prone, injuries will prevent him from realizing his potential.

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Over rated talent, will over come injuries to be a mediocre receiver.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Over rated talent, injury prone, injuries will turn him into a complete draft bust.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

So Trubisky, with his whopping 2,000 yards per game and 9 TDs is a major contributor? You are really reaching now. Anything to put our draft pick down, even if it is a laughable argument.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pathetic. I’m not putting Davis down. Take a minute to actually read what I say rather than react to what you project I write.

Fournette had 9 TD and over 1000 yds. That’s more than a “replacement” player. He contributed. Trubisky played in 12 games, had 9 TD’s. He contributed. Adams played in all 16 games, had a couple of sacks and over 70 tackles. He contributed. Garrett played 11 games, 7 sacks, 31 tackles. He contributed. Mcaffrey played in 16 games, 7 TDS, over 1000 combined yards. He contributed.

Dude- GIVE IT UP. You are just WRONG about top 10 picks not contributing that year. They did. And significantly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I just don't see a huge difference between a SS, who should be a tackling machine, getting 70 tackles in an entire season, and a WR having 500 yards in 13 games and 2 TDs in the playoffs . At least not enough to consider one a big contributor and the other a non-contributor. It's below average production either way.

Garrett is good, and Fournette and McAffrey did have 1,000 yards, so you got me there. Derrick Henry had over 1,000 total yards in the regular season doing part-time duty and the playoffs so I think you put too much emphasis on that, but they did contribute. But I disagree that any of the others had a positive impact. I think that being good should be taken into account when judging the contributions of a player, and nobody can say that Thomas, Adams, or Trubisky were good. Anyway, let's hope this is all a moot point moving forward and that we can all forget about his disappointing rookie year.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I do think Davis is going to contribute this year and the next several. My interest in this issue has only been to defend the position that it is reasonable to doubt the value of picking Davis at #5 because early 1st round picks (except QB sometimes) are expected to contribute. I have never been “out” on Davis as a player, only the value at #5 due to lack of availability and production.

I’m ok disagreeing on that position. I don’t think your position is unreasonable. But I’m compelled to respond and clarify when my position has been misrepresented.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'd have no problem saying Davis didn't perform to a #5 pick expectation last season. I do agree with your sentiment, guys there should contribute their first year. HOWEVER, when it is due to injury, that changes things. And him being in and out so far probably increases saltyness for some. That said, this year looks to be more precautionary by the coaches than CD being hurt. And I'm okay with that, because when he's been out there, he's been killing it. I think if he was healthy all last year, he would have had a very solid rookie season.

I think he should see 1,100 yards and 8 TD's safely this year. I think he's capable of more, but we don't know exactly what this offense will looks like yet, so I'm being a bit conservative.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

CD and Taylor tearing up the Bucs early in practice today.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

CJMFRD is going to give VH3 a new *******.

9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

That's not fair to Britt. He was amazing his first 2 seasons and put up 101 catches for 1,765 yards (17.48 YPC) and fifteen touchdowns before he tore his ACL & MCL in his third season. He never recovered from that injury.

Davis hasn't shown that kind of talent yet and already missed nearly twice as many games as Britt did until his injury.

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Overrated clap clap clapclapclap overrated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar