Conklin has a torn ACL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We definitely realized how good he is after he went down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As if the beat down on us wasn't enough to tarnish getting to the playoffs, but now Mularkey rumored extension (no staff changes?), and now these two guys with knee tears???

Time to go back and watch college tape and hope when I wake up tomorrow, that this was all a bad dream!!!

3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I'd say more career changing.

Its more the guys that rely on speed, change of direction etc like RB's that have more to lose with an ACL tear.

He might not be ready for the start of the season (9 month typical recovery), but Conklin should come back ok performance wise.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Or how bad Kelly is. An Eagles fan warned us when we made the trade.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not too worried. Recovery time depends entirely on the severity. And I've seen OL play perfectly fine after ACL surgeries on both knees. Often it's more a mental thing.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

One would think the way he walked off the field that the severity may not be significant. Here’s hoping.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Smith (TE) has a torn MCL like Murray, speaking of injuries.

8. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

This is awful news! I had guard as a need in the draft... Hopefully we pick up a veteran RT in free agency. That would give us a little trade bait during the season if another RT goes down early next season and Conklin recovers nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar