Compensatory picks anounced. Titans get none.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Starkiller, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen to both Gunny and TJ.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

For someone who doesn't follow NBA very closely (like me) can you give a little more detail?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

basically contracts are already set for rookies.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That would certainly prevent hold-outs

What I'd like to see is all rookie contracts be based almost entirely on incentives, like Maurice Clarett's was a few years ago, make rookies earn their money

5. rookies wouldnt make nearly as much then

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they shouldn't be paid so much anyway.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Exactly, all of the top three picks last year got deals over $50 mil, who's going to argue that that's not too much for a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL? I think the NFL should set an amount for the guaranteed money for rookies (I'm not making up an arbitrary number) and let teams negotiate incentives, the main thing I think this would help is making sure that the Tom Bradys and Marques Colstons are adequately paid and the Ryan Leafs and Freddie Mitchells aren't getting way overpaid in their rookie contracts. You could argue that it'd even out when they get out of their rookie contracts, but I'd reply why should the late round steals wait 4 years before getting properly compensated for their abilities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar