Colts vs Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you sound like a Colts fan.

As for the second play, it isn't a penalty if his hands are on him and the WR tripped on his own feet.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As for the Patriots O-line, pay attention to the Center and Left Guard on a number of plays have the center blocked his man upright, while the left guard crashes down swiping the legs from beneath. If that's not a chopblock, I don't know what is.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're not allowed to have contact with the receiver unless you're both playing the ball. The Patriots player clearly did not play the ball (he had no chance at getting to it).

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Both players were watching the ball and Reggie Wayne tripped over his own foot, that's not a penalty. Also, just because the defender doesn't have a shot at the ball doesn't mean he can't be playing it.

As for the first DPI they 'missed', the defender did have a decent grip on Clark's arm, but not until after the ball was touched (the defender's hand was between Clark's and as soon as the ball was touched he grabed Clark's arm) but as soon as someone touches the ball a defender can make as much contact as he wants, so that was also a good no-call

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Don't look at their feet, look at Patriot players hands, they're not supposed to be on Wayne's body.

I think that's a judgement call, to my eyes he locked Clark's arm before the ball arrived. I'm not talking about when he grabbed it with his fingers, but when he locked it with his arm.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

They don't call DPI if the defender is playing (watching) the ball, the defender's head was clearly turned in the direction of the ball

I agree, and I'm not sure I'd argue if the refs had called DPI.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Still, the Colts have themselves to blame also, they are very predictable in what they do.

Although I guess even predictable can work, if you do it in a no-huddle style

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is simple...The Pats are just the better team. If the clots lose, it won't be a Manning "choke job". If the threads start going that way, I'll have to stay out.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well in the beginning of the game Manning was showing classic choking signs, but he's buckled down.

I don't get what Freeney's deal is. You'd think he'd be playing for a huge contract, but I just don't see him as a sure thing for next year, or the years after that. His speed or moves or both I don't know, there's just something missing.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Then I think this PI is more questionable.... I guess they're not corrupt, just incompetent. Is faceguarding illegal in the NFL I don't remember, but certainly not enough contact to warrant DPI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar