Colts QB situation???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So the Colts signed Rivers to a 1 yr deal....obviously he is the starter. Brissett is under contract for 21mil this yr. Are they really going to pay their backup that much??? I just don’t see that happening. I think they cut him and save 7mil. But they have no QB under contract for 2021 whether they cut Brissett or not because he only had a 2 yr deal.

so do they cut Brissett and do they draft a qb???

I could see them moving up to grab a qb. I know the gm has said he won’t force a qb pick, but when a gm talks this time of yr I always think they are lying.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'd take Brissett.

As a backup.

That's his place.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think he fits in perfectly as a starter for the Colts

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why in the world would they cut him when they could get compensation for him?

There has to be some sort of market for a serviceable QB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Frank Reich about to be on the hot seat

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think he’s shown flashes, especially behind that OL, to look like one of the top backups or possibly that traveling starter that isn’t good enough to lock down a team, but isn’t bad enough to stop getting a paycheck somewhere.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

How can they trade him with that $21 million dollar contract for this yr??? What team is going to pick up that salary??? Unless the Colts agreed to pay a ton of it they will have to cut him.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why do they have to cut him? He's already fitting under the cap with Rivers under contract.

The Colts still have $25m in cap space if they do nothing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I thought they signed him on a 2-year $30m deal. Maybe its back ended.

Either way, with Rivers on $25m theyre still sinking over $40m on the QB position.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

If they end up going all the way... worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar