College playoff is a sham!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

should go to 6 with SEC East and SEC West getting byes

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

6 teams, max.

Any more than that and the regular season becomes as exciting as college basketball before March.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd be fine with six teams. I think the ideal number is eight though.

You can talk about how great the college football regular season is, but the post season is easily the worst out of any major sport in America.

I also think if you go beyond four teams the top seeded teams need to host the first round of games. You can't expect fan bases to travel that much when the tickets are going to be outrageous prices. The NCAA needs to figure out how to squeeze the most amount of money out of that before they try it though.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't see how any critic of the bcs can find the current outcome acceptable with Baylor and tcu not part of a playoff. Either you were bitching about the bcs just to be a whiny *****, or you have serious issues with the scenario in this 4 team playoff. Doesn't work any other way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

My biggest issue with the BCS was that you could not win your division and play in the championship game. I think that's some bull****. Seems like that is less of an issue now. It could still happen, but it seems like the committee puts a premium on conference champs.

Co-champions without a championship game is bull**** and the Big XII found that out the hard way.

And I don't even consider TCU as getting screwed in this circumstance. They lost to Baylor. They should not be in consideration for the playoff because they didn't win their conference, despite what Bob Bowlsby says.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oHIo was beaten like red headed step child to an unranked Virginia Tech at home and should not have been considered just because they won that weak sauce mathematically challenged conference from yanqueeland

#16 GoT, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Alex1939

This is a load of convoluted bs. If you are okay with TCU and Baylor being left out then you can't criticize the BCS. I guarantee you that 2 teams from the same conference (with 2 from the same division of a conference) will eventually make a 4 team playoff.

It's also just dumb as dog turds to think only conference champions should make it because the conferences are not even close to being equal.

If the idea is that 1 loss means you lose control of your fate, then there is no criticism to be had for the BCS except in 2004 when 3 teams (from real conferences) were undefeated going into the bowl games.

8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

image.jpg

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Fry

If you say so. If that were the case conference championships wouldn't be in the equation at all. Instead, it's a specific part of the criteria.

But as usual, Alex throws a hissy when he doesn't get his way.

10. Alex1939

Hardly a hissy fit but I will say you are a ****ing idiot. Conference champions are NOT part of the process. The only process is a committee of randoms choosing the final 4. They can say whatever they want but there is nothing specifically stating that conference championships count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar