Rumor Coach Munch is staying...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Can we stop with all of this "we improved in 2013" crap? We had so many injuries last year that there was no way we couldn't improve. The defense gave up the most points in franchise history in 2012, did you think it would get worse?

We were relatively healthy all season, spent big money on free agents and won one more game than the year before and beat one playoff team in seven tries.

Improvement my ass. If anything we got worse from 2011-2013.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I believe he's only interested in being a HC if he comes back to football.

USC offered him a consultant role which he turned down. But Im yet to find any NFL teams calling him, mostly just west coast college teams.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're assuming we would win with Locker healthy, but there's no way of knowing, we could just as easily have lost more games.

And I don't understand the line of thinking that a proven failure is better than something unproven.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What Jake needs is to be wrapped in bubble wrap.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

For the record, let it be said that if we keep Munch; I hope they use lots of lube when they bend us, the fans, over.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would be okay with implementing the first bubble boy in the NFL

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He's a college QB guru. All his guys played well in college but I think the knock on him was that very few of them became anything in the NFL.

Rodgers was trained by McCarthy...completely. Rodgers talked about going to 'QB camp' with McCarthy and basically learned how to be a dominant QB from him. When Rodgers came out he was an avg arm strength QB (one of the reasons he fell). After a few years under McCarthy and he has one of the strongest arms in the game....and the accuracy to go with it.

If Munch is fired and you wanted to take a chance on a Chip kelly kind of coach with a wrinkle on scheme, I'd see if I could interview Urban Meyer. I mean, he made Alex Smith into the first overall pick in the draft while at Utah and has turned around or excelled with every program he's gone to. Of course, new offenses work better in college but sometimes...see Eagles...can work in the pros.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cal produced the 4th most NFL players while he was there, he develops his guys well.

9. Tim

Tim Starter

"@jwyattsports: #Titans S Michael Griffin thinks Mike Munchak will be back: “I don’t think there's uncertainty. Guys getting fired got fired today.”"

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, jake played better this year and had a 2 TD to turnover ratio so yes, given what he did, you can assume (as much as you can for any projection) that we would have done better. Especially since Fitz's turnovers cost us a few games. There is always the possiblity we did worse, but there is also the possiblity he outplays Peyton Manning. But just like you saying we could just as easily lost more, there is no evidence to support either claim.

So would you be in favor of bringing in another coach who is a 'proven failure?'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar